Troy Bilt Horse Tiller Chipper/Shredder

frosty59April 24, 2009

I own an original Troy Bilt Horse 8HP Tiller. When I originally purchased it I had no need for the Chipper/Shredder Attachment. When MTD purchased Troy Bilt they supposedly stopped making this attachment. Does anyone know where I might find this attachment and how much it would cost? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Frosty59

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
berrypatch(z4ny)

I suggest you keep an eye out on eBay. Sometimes things like that do come up. You can also post a "Want it Now" on eBay. Go to "Help" to see how to do that.

Bookmark   April 24, 2009 at 10:37AM
markkennedy14_comcast_net

I have one for sale on craigs list in new hampshire. I'm only asking $150.00 for it. In the listing there are pictures to look at. Go to NH craigs list and use the serch engine "troy built chipper shredder" hope this helps. Mark

Bookmark   April 24, 2011 at 5:36PM
ray_and_laura(North Calif.)

Frosty, we have one of those and it's very slow and ineffective. We never use it. The only reason we have it is that it came with the powerhead, along with rototiller, log splitter and generator attachments. The rototiller and log splitter work great!

There is probably something much more effective available for chipping/shredding.

Here's a tip for you. If your Horse is old like ours and has point ignition, a Kohler replacement ignition coil is about $100. A Tecumseh coil is a perfect fit for about 1/4 the price.

Bookmark   April 26, 2011 at 12:35PM
More Discussions
Craftsman Snow Blower - Drive problem
During our big storm last week i noticed I started...
rspin
Craftsman Snowblower Recall
Did anyone else receive a recall notice in the mail...
pjrsjr
Snowblowers and engine choices - Ariens vs Toro vs Simplicity and
I live on the shoreline in CT, where we get anywhere...
bfguilford
Dewalt 3800 pressure washer, open hole between pump and engine.
Hi, I just bought a dewalt 3800 pressure washer gx...
ron111
IS it ME ? OR is this site/Forum Gone in hibernation?
This used to be such an informative and active site!!...
bertman_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™