Good Chipper/Shredder?

yukkuri_kame(Sunset 19 / USDA 9)April 17, 2012

I am looking for a chipper/shredder. Seems there is no middle ground between the $199 leaf/twig machines and the $900 big boys. Is there really no middle ground?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chas045(7b)

I was too lazy to google prices of chippers and was waiting for someone else to respond. I assume that there are chippers between those prices but you need to realize that the 'big boys' are not at 900, but more like 1500 and more.

Might I suggest that you look for a used chipper from a home center, an auction, or a private seller.

Bookmark   April 20, 2012 at 8:20AM
PRO
Steven Laurin & Company

Ditto to the above post. Any new chipper/shredder retailing for just under $1,000, may handle light brush and branches - to varying degrees, but machines in the lower range will lead to frustration when chipping/shredding anything larger.

Used machines typically become available on the open market at fair prices. As with any pre-owned equipment, one must carefully inspect the condition and perform thorough research on potential problems associated to that particular model/brand.

Bookmark   April 20, 2012 at 9:25AM
lakesider_2007(7)

Just remember, you get what you pay for...we've all done it at one time or another. Years ago I gave up on used, for it was me being had each time. The product would last but a short time, and the bad tasted forever. From that point forward, I research for the very best of an item, and then make my selection - so far it has worked for me. I am not rich, but was going broke trying to "fix my good buys." Ron
"""

Bookmark   September 16, 2012 at 5:11PM
More Discussions
IS it ME ? OR is this site/Forum Gone in hibernation?
This used to be such an informative and active site!!...
bertman_gw
troy bilt horse question
Went to check the transmission fluid today and noticed...
snuffyinatl
Snowblowers and engine choices - Ariens vs Toro vs Simplicity and
I live on the shoreline in CT, where we get anywhere...
bfguilford
Older Troy Built Tiller Model ID
Trying to indentify model number of my unit. It is...
gardenerfrank
Craftsman Snow Blower - Drive problem
During our big storm last week i noticed I started...
rspin
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™