track snowblower

hammers744January 9, 2014

i have a older sears track snow blower worked great last year pulled out this week and it is stuck in reverse need help

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gdj204

Pull the cover plate on the lower rear of the blower (usually have to remove 6-8 screws), it should let you get to the internals on the back of the machine, around the axle(s). Most of these are friction drive, with a rubber wheel on a steel plate, pretty simple operation. You should be able to figure out any hangups/issues once you have that cover plate off.

There are a couple snowblower forums on the web where you might get more specific help (opeonthenet, abbysguide, etc.). Be sure to have your model number handy when posting for help.

Bookmark   January 10, 2014 at 8:41AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rustyj14(W/PA)

Bout 5 years ago, whilst riding around on "trash/garbage night". i espied a Craftsman tracked snow thrower reposing along side the pile! So, i enquired at the house. They said to take it, and helped me load it!
So, being that i am an inveterate trash heap follower, i took it home.
With some TLC, i got it to run well. Couldn't find anything wrong with it, except for a bad case of neglect. I then sold it to a friend who has a long driveway, and is happy with it. Ya never know how the fickle finger of fate will knock on yer door.
RJ

Bookmark   February 5, 2014 at 10:29PM
More Discussions
STX46 is dead
I have tried MANY things over the past year to get...
MPinNC
Dead cylinder
So I have a Briggs & Stratton Engine model number:...
RebornGreen
Thoughts on a good lawn tractor.
This appears to be a site of knowledgeable folks with...
VAlandlover
transmission clean and do not overwork
I have a Dumb question about that phrase. Exactly what...
krnuttle
Tecumseh throttle governor help?
Ssnow blower, not tractor question, but I'm hoping...
mbsl98
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™