Princess Auto Engines

yukkelApril 19, 2010

Has anyone ever got one of those powerfist engines from Princess Auto?

If so, how did they work for you? Any problems?

I'm considering getting one but a little worried about the quality of them.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
canguy(British Columbia)

Better get at least three so you have a parts supply. Few if any shops will service them.

Bookmark   April 19, 2010 at 9:36AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kompressor

Most of the time, canguy and I are in agreement but not this time. The Powerfist engines have proven to be quite successful for Princess, according to a contact I have at one store who isn't into BS'ing me about anything.

Secondly, you have the Princess guarantee to fall back on. If you are not happy for any reason, take it back and get a full refund.

As an example, I bought one of their air/hydraulic floor jacks and it developed a leak. When I took it back, I told them that I wanted another one instead of a refund. I was informed that head office pulled all existing stock off the floor because the failure rate of them was unacceptable. So, I had to take the refund and wait until they either got a new supplier or they tuned up the existing supplier regarding quality control.

I don't know what happened but when that style of jack became available again, I bought another one and haven't had any problems.

Another time, I bought a long handled ice chipper/scraper to use in our repair shop. Naturally, someone took it out of the shop and abused it. The wooden handle was broken off right where it enters the steel sleeve. I asked Princess if they had a replacement wood handle that I could buy and the answer was "No. Just bring in the broken one and we will either give you a new one or refund the original purchase price."

So... how do you go wrong dealing with a company that looks after its customers this way? My advice... go buy that engine and stop worrying.

Bookmark   April 19, 2010 at 11:10AM
More Discussions
Dewalt 3800 pressure washer, open hole between pump and engine.
Hi, I just bought a dewalt 3800 pressure washer gx...
ron111
Snow Thrower impeller
I have a Craftsman 9 hp dual stage snow thrower, that...
fjs001
Craftsman Snow Blower - Drive problem
During our big storm last week i noticed I started...
rspin
Craftsman Snowblower Recall
Did anyone else receive a recall notice in the mail...
pjrsjr
Troy Bilt Pony Tiller
I have a Troy Bilt Pony Tiller with a 5 HP Briggs and...
beeer_2008
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™