Garage Door Opener Craftsman 139.655000

grall1126April 10, 2012

I was able to use my remote on Monday afternoon from within the car with no problem. I clicked on the remote and the door opened. I parked the car in the garage and clicked the button on the receiver unit and the door closed.

I woke up this morning, used the remote in the house to open the garage door and nothing. Changed the batteries, nothing. I don't have a manual and I noticed a bunch of other posts on this problem. It looks like this model garage opener is old. However, do you think its most likely the receiver unit? I noticed something about resetting the remotes? Not sure of the next step. The link below has a replacement receiver unit, would this be correct? what should I do? Thanks

http://www.aclickawayremotes.com/Liftmaster/355LM-Garage-Door-Receiver-315MHz-Conversion-Kit/index.html

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

If the button on the wall still works but the remote doesn't it is likely to be the receiver. I say likely because it could be the remote. The conversion kit will work in that case but you will still have an opener that is at least 25 years old with none of the safety systems of the new openers. I personally would bite the bullet and get a new opener.

Bookmark   April 10, 2012 at 11:47AM
More Discussions
Older Troy Built Tiller Model ID
Trying to indentify model number of my unit. It is...
gardenerfrank
MTD 8HP SnowBlower
I have an MTD 8hp SnowBlower Mod # 317E640F352. The...
Jeffery Smith
Best gas leaf blower?
Can anyone recommend a good gas powered leaf blower?...
robar
IS it ME ? OR is this site/Forum Gone in hibernation?
This used to be such an informative and active site!!...
bertman_gw
Sears air compressor engine won't run when plugged in
Sears Paint Sprayer/Air Compressor Model No. 106.153542...
Cletus77
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™