from pressure washer to sewer jet???

harveymasons(07083)April 13, 2006

Hi guys,

I was looking into getting my main sewer line jetted and when I saw the prices I started to think to myself that I already have a pressure washer capable of 3000 psi. IF I could somehow convert that into a sewer jet I would be golden!!

After speaking to the people @ general wire they informed me that all I would need is a 1/4 x 100 ft high pressure hose and then the sewer jet nozzle and I should be in good shape. Maybe some adapters as well.

So it looks like for under 200 bucks I can turn my pressure washer into a sewer jet that should take care of my situation. I got prices from 350.00 up to 675.00 to have a company come in and jet my line. Which I am pretty sure they would be doing the same thing that I can do if I buy these additional parts.

what do you guys think? I am pretty excited but want to make sure this will work for me.

regards,

harvey

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
davidandkasie(Z8 MS)

as long as the jet nozzle will FIT to the line it should work. if you have a 4" line and put a small nozzle in there you will not clean the line properly.

Bookmark   April 13, 2006 at 1:27PM
maxxtabes

I rented a machine exactly like what you are making. It worked great on a 4" line. I think it was made by Electric EEL. It is a high pressure hose thay you start in the line and it moves itself along very handy. Just hooked up power and garden hose and it cleaned it right out.

Bookmark   April 13, 2006 at 3:57PM
paul_sewerjetgazette_net

A good quality, 100 ft. sewer jetter attachment for your pressure washer costs under $150 to build or buy. There's information about the different options and tips for using a pressure washer sewer jetter at http://www.sewerjetgazette.net

Here is a link that might be useful: Sewer Jet Gazette

Bookmark   March 7, 2010 at 8:40PM
More Discussions
Sears air compressor engine won't run when plugged in
Sears Paint Sprayer/Air Compressor Model No. 106.153542...
Cletus77
Electrolytic Rust Removal
Has anyone tried this, using a battery charger, "washing...
exmar
Snow Thrower impeller
I have a Craftsman 9 hp dual stage snow thrower, that...
fjs001
2 stroke Mantis tiller vs. 4 stroke Mantis
I'm looking at buying a small Mantis cultivator but...
lil_rhody
Have you successful cut any “seasoned firewood” inside?
Have you successful cut any “seasoned firewood”...
loger_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™