LT160/fuel filter

buddy50February 29, 2012

I had my LT160 serviced. They put in a ROT7998 fuel filter and not the one John deer uses. Does it make a difference?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bill_kapaun

I'd want the one Kohler uses since they made the engine.

IF you Google the filter they used, you can see it's a "generic" replacement.

Bookmark   February 29, 2012 at 12:50PM
tomplum

I wouldn't worry about it myself. Rotory filters are like using a Fram to a AC or Motorcraft filter. Who makes the JD filters? My guess is that they don't come out of a big green building....I do use the Kohlers on my customer's units. They did change filter quality a couple of years back, plus I think people feel better if they have a Briggs on a Briggs etc. Which brings us back to JD filters.

Bookmark   February 29, 2012 at 9:40PM
Fedboy

I have a JD LT 160 with a Kohler engine. After a standard replacement of oil, fuel filter and air filters last year it began quitting after applying the blades. As it was the end of the season, and being a procrastinator, I let it lie until this spring. Same power loss after applying the blades. Did the standard fuel change, fuel cap check, carb cleaning with no change. After reading this blog I found that the fuel filter was the type described in above messages that was made in Isreal. This fuel filter is from the John Deere kit purchased at a JD dealer. So I ordered the Kohler recommended part, made in India, and replaced the Israeli filter. Lo and behold, the tractor works as advertised. I will update to see if it lasts the summer.

Bookmark   May 3, 2013 at 6:25PM
justalurker

Kohlers are particularly sensitive to fuel filters. Not who or where they are made but RATHER the micron spec.

ALWAYS use the correct Kohler filter for the engine and installation you have.

Here is a concise list of current Kohler OEM fuel filters with specs, notes on correct applications, and revision numbers... the real filters aren't expensive.

http://www.kohler-engine-parts.opeengines.com/kohler-engines-parts/fuel-system/fuel-filters

Bookmark   May 3, 2013 at 7:20PM
krnuttle

I have found that when I compare the price of the part needed to sevice my JD LT155, that I can not beat the price of the JD sevice kit from a large JD dealer.

Consequently I use what comes in the kit and have never had a problem.

Bookmark   May 3, 2013 at 9:05PM
justalurker

nevermind...

This post was edited by justalurker on Fri, May 3, 13 at 22:20

Bookmark   May 3, 2013 at 10:02PM
rcbe(6)

"Kohlers are particularly sensitive to fuel filters. Not who or where they are made but RATHER the micron spec.

ALWAYS use the correct Kohler filter for the engine and installation you have.

Here is a concise list of current Kohler OEM fuel filters with specs, notes on correct applications, and revision numbers... the real filters aren't expensive. "

JAL is spot-on on this one.

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 7:47AM
More Discussions
JD X300/360/500/530 for snow blowing
Greetings, I have a half an acre I mow with a Honda...
ruhia
what yall think about this for a deal a Kubota on CL
here is the link.... what yall think http://louisville.craigslist.org/grd/4760971779.html thanks...
jeanwedding
Request for advice/information on Simplicity Regent 4111
Hello all. I was doing an internet search and found...
mattyruch
Ford 1210 hydrostatic clattering when engaged
Is it possible someone is up on this subject here?...
jaceymae
Help! I'm in Safety Switch Hell
Craftsman Model# 917.272030 Engine stalls with clutch...
biggestdaddyo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™