Need a Riding mower for tree-filled acre lot (picture attached)

nealveyFebruary 2, 2014

Hi all, we just purchased a new home in December that sites on an acre lot. The lot has about 50 trees, though probably 10-20 in the areas we need to mow (the others are clumped together...I'll use a push mower or trimmer around those areas). The front yard has a gentle slope and shouldn't be any problem. The backyard has 2 flat areas with a decent slope between them (steeper on one side of the yard, gradual on the other). I've attached a picture to try to show some of the yard.

Any thoughts on a solid riding mower / lawn tractor? Looking for something that's easy to use and can handle the trees/slope. I don't expect heavy usage out of it for much else, however I may use a trailer for hauling yard waste, etc. My preferred budget is $1500-$2000, though could probably go up to $2300-$2500 is there is something out there that is worth the extra money.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
leafeanator

Your yard is just like mine, have 1.5 acre but only mow half of it. I have 70 trees in the part I mow but have to go around about 20. I also pull a heavy Cyclone rake all around the trees and hills without problems. I also plow a 300 Ft driveway and plug aereate twice a year. I've had the John Deere X300 since 2010 and has been running without problems. $2800 for the X300 but worth the money.

This post was edited by leafeanator on Mon, Feb 3, 14 at 8:01

Bookmark   February 3, 2014 at 7:58AM
More Discussions
Briggs and Stratton 25hp els OHV help!!!!
I got a this motor attached to a mover off a craigslist...
H&M Contractors
Tuff Torq K46 Tranny
I've been reading many of the posts on this site and...
tuco
Hydrostatic Drive Problems??
Craftsman 20.5 HP Kohler Command V twin Under the seat...
jthievin
Craftsman rider safety switches
I have a Craftsman mid-engine riding mower with a briggs...
LRM2
Plug vs. Spike aerators?
Plug vs. Spike aerators Why would someone use one over...
cjsm5nys
Sponsored Products
Trinity Dark Bronze 4-Tier Indoor Shelving Rack
Overstock.com
Hopson Leather Corner Chair - Brighton Soul White White
Joybird Furniture
MaxLite ELLF405UM50 MaxLite StaxMAX LED Flood Lights
EnvironmentalLights.com
White Floor Lamp: 1-Light 63 in. Floor Lamp Walnut Finish White Fabric Shade CLI
Home Depot
Mediterranean Blue and Olive Gray Polyester Filled 22 x 22 Pillow
$69.60 | Bellacor
Acura 92" Modular Sofa
bryght.com
Chocolate Rose Cake - CHOCOLATE
$55.00 | Horchow
New 3' x 10' Blue Oushak Runner Veg Dyed Wool Rug Traditional Hand Knotted H3226
BH Sun Inc
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™