Need a Riding mower for tree-filled acre lot (picture attached)

nealveyFebruary 2, 2014

Hi all, we just purchased a new home in December that sites on an acre lot. The lot has about 50 trees, though probably 10-20 in the areas we need to mow (the others are clumped together...I'll use a push mower or trimmer around those areas). The front yard has a gentle slope and shouldn't be any problem. The backyard has 2 flat areas with a decent slope between them (steeper on one side of the yard, gradual on the other). I've attached a picture to try to show some of the yard.

Any thoughts on a solid riding mower / lawn tractor? Looking for something that's easy to use and can handle the trees/slope. I don't expect heavy usage out of it for much else, however I may use a trailer for hauling yard waste, etc. My preferred budget is $1500-$2000, though could probably go up to $2300-$2500 is there is something out there that is worth the extra money.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
leafeanator

Your yard is just like mine, have 1.5 acre but only mow half of it. I have 70 trees in the part I mow but have to go around about 20. I also pull a heavy Cyclone rake all around the trees and hills without problems. I also plow a 300 Ft driveway and plug aereate twice a year. I've had the John Deere X300 since 2010 and has been running without problems. $2800 for the X300 but worth the money.

This post was edited by leafeanator on Mon, Feb 3, 14 at 8:01

Bookmark   February 3, 2014 at 7:58AM
More Discussions
Just throwing this out there...
Been thinking of starting a Facebook page on small...
snuffyinatl
Tecumseh throttle governor help?
Ssnow blower, not tractor question, but I'm hoping...
mbsl98
What happened???
I logged in yesterday after a prolonged absence and...
romore_gw
what yall think about this for a deal a Kubota on CL
here is the link.... what yall think http://louisville.craigslist.org/grd/4760971779.html thanks...
jeanwedding
Ford 1210 hydrostatic clattering when engaged
Is it possible someone is up on this subject here?...
jaceymae
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™