infra-red and torch weeders

bluedogApril 8, 2009

does anyone know how effective these are. the infra-red is much more expensive. Is it much more effective?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dmullen(Southern CA)

I have a couple of propane weeders and have found the smaller one to be very slow. The large one goes through a whole tank of propane quickly so I seldom use them anymore.

Bookmark   April 8, 2009 at 9:52PM
bruno.malrik

well, i am also looking for a flame weeder, but i don t want a burner. i just would like to stop to use the chemicals, and find a gd solutions. my sister has the Dragon one, and i am not really into this one, cause i have a big garden with many vegetables,and i need to pass between each of them. I saw the JAULENT flame weeder, it looks better, did someone ever tried this products, lets me know if you have any answers.
Thanks in advance.

Bookmark   March 15, 2010 at 6:37AM
tomplum

My experience using propane weeders are that they seem to be more effective when used along a rock/ concrete area then in the middle. Same with boiling water. In the garden- how about corn gluten meal? It works as a pre-emergent. Some say you should be looking at what weeds are growing and it will tell you what your soil is lacking. Of course if the weeds are coming in with that not quite done compost....

Bookmark   March 20, 2010 at 1:30AM
More Discussions
Electrolytic Rust Removal
Has anyone tried this, using a battery charger, "washing...
exmar
IS it ME ? OR is this site/Forum Gone in hibernation?
This used to be such an informative and active site!!...
bertman_gw
Stihl vs. Husqvarna Chainsaw purchase
I am lucky enough to have my wife ask me to pick out...
virginiacowboy
Craftsman Snow Blower - Drive problem
During our big storm last week i noticed I started...
rspin
Sears air compressor engine won't run when plugged in
Sears Paint Sprayer/Air Compressor Model No. 106.153542...
Cletus77
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™