How often do you change your Air compressorâs oil and Air filte

loger_gwApril 25, 2013

How often do you change your Air compressorâÂÂs oil and Air filter? Unless I get lucky, I have lost my 1972âÂÂs model # 106.153542 SearâÂÂs Twin Cylinder Air CompressorâÂÂs manual to see the recommendations.

What weight and type of oil goes in Sears twin cylinder air compressor model 106.153542? 30wt HD oil is what I feel I have used vs a 30wt non-detergent. I saw a good discussion of detergent vs non detergent on this site but would like to know what the manual recommend.

1. 70s - 80s when I used it short periods weekly I feel I changed them at least every 2 yrs (mainly cleaning filters).

2. I have not ever seen the oil low or bad looking at the yearly checks.

3. The most frequent check is for moisture in the tank. I added a þâ galvanized pipe as a reservoir (to help save the tank) and easy draining access.

4. A dated maintenance info tracking board (plastic) is wires to the compressor.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ewalk

Can,t help you with the OEM Operating Manual , but rule of thumb is sae 30 or 40 for most homeowner compressors . I have replaced all my units with synthetic oil either Royal Purple or Amsoil 15-30 for the Great White Norths ambient annual temps. Oil change intervals usually every two yrs along with air filter and dryer elements. I have Cambell Hausfield and a Ingersol Rand units both over 12 yrs old .

Bookmark   April 25, 2013 at 8:29PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loger_gw

Thanks ewalk! Good hearing from you. My Monster has lasted 40 yrs and I have another identical like new waiting minus the motor if needed. I have stock piled Too Much Stuff over the years. I just loaded my last CTR color monitor today to take to GoodWill tomorrow. I have had over 10 complete computer sys here when I was into that. Now I need my âÂÂCloset SpaceâÂÂ, Peace Of Mind for my one 3 yr old GranddaughterâÂÂs projects.

Take Care!

Bookmark   April 25, 2013 at 9:29PM
More Discussions
Any owners of the Troy-bilt Cultivator Plus?
I bought this around 1984 and have never seen another...
baymee
Stihl Chainsaw - starts but won't run
My trusty (10 yr) old Stihl 16" chainsaw is starting...
uberfusion
Backpack Leaf Blowers
I have been looking around at backpack leaf blowers,...
OutdoorGuy1
1983 troy-bilt cultivator plus wheels
Read with great interest all the posts so far for the...
rayleman
Old Troybilt Tiller Engine Replacement
I need to replace the eninge on my Troybilt tiller...
themaniam1
Sponsored Products
Office Arm Chair in Teal
$184.99 | Dot & Bo
Madison Park Canyon Grey / Black Window Panel Pair
Overstock.com
Area Rug: Empire Gold Polypropylene 7' 10" x 10' 2"
Home Depot
Jofran 280-4 Vintner Merlot Sofa Table
Beyond Stores
Set of Six Cabbage Leaf Easter Placemats
Grandin Road