Weed Wacker Issue - Out of Ideas
I have a weed wacker (Craftsman) that has not been working right for some time. It had bought a new carb not too long ago and then started to have more issues a few months later.
I finally decided to take it all apart, decarbonize the engine, replace the muffler, and use new seals and gaskets. After getting it back together it had the same issues. I have tried to think logically as to what is causing my problem....but I am at a loss. If anyone could give me guidance I would be extremely appreciative. Here is what is happening.
1) At first it will start with the choke on. It seems to be idling with the choke on at a higher rate than it should.
2) If I press on the gas and let go the engine dies immediately.
3) If I press the gas further and hold, it will increase in speed but then after about 5-10 seconds start to get weaker and then die.
4) If I repeat this process a few times it will not start with the choke on. The only way to get it to start at that point is without the choke on.
5) Eventually it doesn't matter if the choke is on or off...it won't start.
Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions.