Mantis Tiller primer bulb problem

air_raider(z7 sc)April 15, 2010

Actually it's more than just the primer.I replaced the bulb and fuel filter and the other tubes fell apart during assembly. I removed all the tubes without paying attention to where they lived. I knew I messed up immediately.

Now I need to know if the tube to the primer bulb needs to be deep in the gas or just inside the tank. Where does the check valve go? Also, right now when I push the primer bulb it just stays pushed in.The engine is a SV-4B1E.

Any help at all will be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rcmoser

Get the number off the carb. probably Zama? go to Zamacarb.com should show you diagram of your fuel system. If not goggle how do I change the Fuel lines on my mantis tiller should come up with something?

Bookmark   April 15, 2010 at 10:20PM
yungman

Go to mantis site sent an email and ask Mantis people. Or call the number, let them tell you what engine and model you have and let them point you to the right manual. They have manuals for all the models, problem is they change to 4 or 5 different engines through out the years and you cannot take for granted.

Bookmark   April 16, 2010 at 3:19AM
air_raider(z7 sc)

Thanks for all the help. After googling for information these past years, it never occured to me there could be a human out there to call. But, I did and all is well.

Still having some priming trouble but am confident all lines are in place. Will certainly resolve that soon.
Thanks

Bookmark   April 17, 2010 at 8:58PM
More Discussions
honda snowblower problem
i have a honda 928 snowblower... good machine, but...
rudall
Best gas leaf blower?
Can anyone recommend a good gas powered leaf blower?...
robar
Tecumseh snow king fuel starvation?
My Tecumseh powered Toro snowblower hunts/surges and...
akachrisinmass
Troy Bilt Pony Tiller
I have a Troy Bilt Pony Tiller with a 5 HP Briggs and...
beeer_2008
Older Troy Built Tiller Model ID
Trying to indentify model number of my unit. It is...
gardenerfrank
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™