Will Echo's String Trimmer Motors power Hedge Trimmer Attachments

loger_gwApril 23, 2012

Will Echo's String Trimmer Motors power Hedge Trimmer Attachments with fair results? I have an Echo PE - 2000 and SRM-210 that are basically not used (except to keep them running as back-ups. If you have had fair results, with one of these combinations (direct to the motor or a split shaft), Please share a link, # or etc. Thanks! loger

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loger_gw

The Son-In-Law's Big Stihl Gas Hedge Trimmer might be the solution for the once a year chore. Except, I like to carry my own weight nor borrow power tools w/o the owner present for the use. I think we all can agree we have different values regarding using and caring for tools (you never know what might occur w/o being there). Plus, I feel this is being addressed in a recent post.

Bookmark   April 24, 2012 at 11:36PM
rcmoser

I feel the same way. I never borrow powered tools due to the fact that you don't know the condition they are in. Might be on their last leg and fail on me and I would have to buy one anyway to replace it. But, that's just me.

Bookmark   April 25, 2012 at 5:52AM
loger_gw

As We Speak! I called my best and most trusted Mechanical Friend this morning (we started building VW engines 1968-70 and he still builds his). He was un-loading his Zero-Turn Mower to cut some of his 10 acres per week he cuts during the growing season. Knowing his task I let him go instantly to try and beat some heat and etc here in North TX. He called me back in 15-30 minutes wanting to know some basics as to why his mower would lock-up. Info he has to know but was hoping for a possible simple check and fix from me since he was tired and frustrated.

Naturally, I asked him how is the oil level and if the oil is showing any signs. The Shocker! "I stopped checking the oil since it w/n burning/using any and the dip stick is not showing any oil". I reminded him as he knows, I h/n purchased a mower ever since my personal need starting in 1973 (due to all the mowers that have been given to me w/o a real problem). "My practice is to not started any mower week to week w/o checking oil and gas knowing they should be good". Again! I'll loan him any tool or equipment (truck, trailer, log splitter, saws and etc) I own but try to be present or check it before it leaves.. His Enemy Is Too Much Work To Think!

Bookmark   April 27, 2012 at 4:09PM
rcmoser

WOW, being mechanical minded you would think he would of known better. Hard lesson learned. IMO after couple of lockups the engine will never be the same.

As you and I know we NEVER crank or trusted equipment without FIRST checking the oil, hydro oil, and gas before going out and mowing for few mins. or hours on end. I am so brainwashed I will even check the oil when I have to put gas in it if I haven't competed the mowing session. But, I'm known to be the oil checking and changing nerd.

IMO if you can get the echo engine on the hedge trimmer it will work.

Bookmark   April 28, 2012 at 9:56AM
rcmoser

My older toro weed trimmer I think has echo engine with the pull rope off the back of the crank and two barrel carb. That thing has enough power for sure. I think probably the same as echo???

Bookmark   April 28, 2012 at 2:27PM
More Discussions
Are you finding Insert Pic Attachments to work as printed on this Site
Are you finding Insert Pic Attachments to work as printed...
loger_gw
Building storage shed on a terraced slope
Is it safe to build a storage shed occupying two levels...
Thomas Lu
Deep Spader
Has anyone used a deep spader? How did you like it?...
svachon
Woodzig electric pruner
I have a Woodzig electric pruner and use it often....
ranger_ric
Old Troybilt Tiller Engine Replacement
I need to replace the eninge on my Troybilt tiller...
themaniam1
Sponsored Products
Wanda Dining Chair - TAN
$1,299.00 | Horchow
Laminate Molding & Trim: Mohawk Building Materials Gunstock Oak 3/4 in. Thick x
$7.98 | Home Depot
10' Red Cedar Picnic Table with Attached Benches
Fifthroom.com
Bolton Polished Nickel Nine-Light Chandelier
$922.75 | Bellacor
Drift Chandelier by Troy Lighting
$1,086.00 | Lumens