Heliopsis 'Tuscan Sun' still no new growth?

vivian_2010April 28, 2014

I planted 2 of them last August (1 gallon size) and I still have not seen any new growth as of today. We are having a cold spring so far. Just curious if you are experiencing similar late start of Tuscan Sun?

Thanks
Vivian

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
david883(5/6)

I have two different heliopsis: maybe 4 or 5 of a Tuscan Sun-looking variety and one or two variegated lorraine sunshine. The lorraine sunshine has put up a few little leaves but as for the others I'm just now seeing a few little new leaves here and there. They're still just little purpleish eyes at this point. I'm not too far from IL in MI so I think its safe to say give them a little more time. They already were one of the later ones to spring up (I think they didn't really get going until almost mid to late may last year) and after our winter they're probably a little behind.

Bookmark   April 29, 2014 at 5:23AM
vivian_2010

Thanks David. I'll be patient and keep my fingers crossed.
Vivian

Bookmark   April 29, 2014 at 9:38PM
rouge21_gw(5)

Vivian, I have several TS plants and it was only near the end of the first week of May that I began to see signs of life.

Bookmark   May 15, 2014 at 10:18AM
bettyfb

I live in Louisville, Ky. I had 7 Tuscan Sun and lost 2. The rest came up a few weeks ago and a few of them are really full and the rest are hanging on.

Betty

Bookmark   May 15, 2014 at 4:27PM
babera(5a (Montana))

mine came up right on que. . . just today I put the support around them to help keep them upright. . . good luck. .

Bookmark   May 15, 2014 at 6:11PM
vivian_2010

Thank you Rouge, Betty and Babera!

So a status update for my two TS: one of them did survive and now has good new growth (~ 2 inches tall). Another one right next to it still has nothing showing up. So after knowing your experience, I will keep my fingers crossed and hope it may still be alive (and be patient...)

Vivian

Bookmark   May 15, 2014 at 7:54PM
More Discussions
Are you missing past content?
I went searching for my old comments on GW and according...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
PSA: Please set up messaging feature in your profile!
Not sure if you guys are aware you are able to do this....
mxk3
Are Agapanthus hardy in zone 6
Does anyone have experience growing agapanthus in zone...
KarenPA_6b
Your Monkshood?
I have an established stand of some unnamed aconitum...
rouge21_gw
flowers of Doc.Martin TV show
I am trying to ID the flowers on the side of the road...
maple_man
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™