House cleaning solutions for pressure washers

rodgers330April 11, 2009

If you live in Georgia, you need a pressure washer to clean away the April pine pollen and other accumulated grime each spring. You can buy specialized cleaning solutions for your pressure washer at the big box stores but they're expensive if you have to clean a large house. Has anybody managed to find a recipe for making your own cleaning brew at home? I imagine Clorox or white vinegar might be a good start....any other ideas??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weed_cutter

Laundry detergent works well for me. Bleach to kill mildew.

Bookmark   April 11, 2009 at 8:52PM
like_my_yard(Central NC.)

Put 1 gallon bleach and 1 quart of Mean Green in a 5 gallon bucket then fill with water. Apply with a pump up garden sprayer. Running this brew thru a pressure washer will damage the pump.

Bookmark   April 11, 2009 at 10:00PM
bushleague(MA)

TSP and bleach works well. I use Super Clean on the tough spots, absolutely the strongest cleaner you can buy short of some Zep products.

Bookmark   April 12, 2009 at 9:12PM
den69rs96(z6CT)

Jomax(found at Home Depot near the paint section) or Simple Green and clorex outdoor bleach. Mix about 1 pt of the jomax or simple green and 1 pt bleach to 3 quarts water. Should clean very well.

I'm not sure what type of pw you have, but be careful with bleach. Bleach will destroy you pw pump. If you have a downstream chemical injection system(most homeowner models do), make sure you clean your hose wand, and nozzles as bleach can ruin those items as well. I would spray the solution using a garden hose sprayer attachment, then rise with the pw.

Another option is to buy an x-jet for your pressure washer. I just found out about these kits. Its basically a special nozzle with a hose attached to it. You put the hose into you cleaning solution and install the nozzle onto you wand. That way you don't ruin your pw. I just bought a xjet for around 130 from Pressure Tek. I have to wait until it warms up around here, but this system has received good reviews on other sites.

http://www.pressuretek.com/m5xjet.html

Bookmark   April 13, 2009 at 7:52AM
wrager(Z5 OH)

Zep makes a product called Industrial Purple, sold at Home Depot. It has a pH of 14. A little goes a long way. I use it to clean my gutters/stains etc.

Bookmark   April 16, 2009 at 10:20AM
More Discussions
Snowblowers and engine choices - Ariens vs Toro vs Simplicity and
I live on the shoreline in CT, where we get anywhere...
bfguilford
Toro 826 Drive Belt Jumps Off Crankshaft Pulley
Hello, I have a nine year old Toro Powermax 826. Late...
ronpr2112
No more roll pins
Finally got the roll pins out of the wheels on my Horse...
snuffyinatl
2 stroke Mantis tiller vs. 4 stroke Mantis
I'm looking at buying a small Mantis cultivator but...
lil_rhody
Testing the new format X allowing multiple attachments.
I am back to two Lexan chain guides due to a chain...
loger_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™