Will the thermo protection on farm rater motors protect overheati
Will the thermo protection on farm rated motors protect overheating 75-100% of the time?
1. Will the thermo protection on farm rated motors protect overheating 75-100% in 70 -75 temp weather?
2. My Electric log SplitterÃ¢ÂÂs 1hp motor does not like weather over 70 degrees, I was late starting, doubled the job vs having small blocks to work later.
3. I finished in approx an hr due to all donated Red Oak not clean and Matted Pecan (8Ã¢ÂÂ slice X 40Ã¢ÂÂ dia in 6 sections). The Red Oak was no Challenge to split (9-12 ton splitter) due to at least one flat end to push.
4. The only sign of heat from monitoring was placing my hand on the motor (2-3 seconds was the limit) and no heat or smell at the breaker, receptacle, cord, and other parts of splitter.
5. My one experience was when you stop the motor, it gets hotter and w/n start until it was cooler (over a year ago in 100 degree heat vs today).
6. Attached are blocks I split today.