loquat disease identification

BinhaiApril 23, 2012

Hi, the loquat tree is located near to the downtown of Sacramento of California, planted for about 5 years. The disease showed up about 3 years ago. It first only affected a few fruits and leaves, but now it ruins about half of the fruits. It affected mostly the fruits, plus a few leaves. The branches and shoots are not affected. After the fruits are harvested, the tree looks normal. Three days ago we had the first 90F here, then the disease looked like suddenly appeared on the fruits. Does anyone know what it is and how to treat this disease? Many thanks!

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
toontune

Hi, Did you ever figure out what this is and how to cure the problem? My Loquat has the identical disease. I'm in Southern California. Everything was doing well and suddenly the fruit started developing these same spots and shriveling.
Thanks

Bookmark   March 10, 2014 at 4:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brandon7 TN_zone(7)

Sorry, but I am not sure what it is. I would recommend contacting your local ag extension agent. There's a very good chance that they can ID the problem and give you advice on how to treat it.

Very few people ever visit this obscure sub-forum, so that's probably why you haven't gotten any more feedback so far.

Bookmark   March 17, 2014 at 4:01PM
More Discussions
Cherry Tree Looks Ready to Split
We have a cheery tree in our front yard with a split...
donfalco2
Who has snow?
Post your snowy garden pics. (Locally, almost none...
subtropix
Destructive trimming of trees. HELP!!!!
Our neighborhood association board has been going crazy...
beachem
How far should Sassafras and Blue Spruce be from the road?
I have a tentative plan I started on in Spring for...
edlincoln
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™