McCulloch FR 2.0 14' Chain Saw,... where do I start?

xlaxxApril 13, 2008

Well, you guys are gonna laugh at this one.

I was out walking my dog tonight and noted a chainsaw in somebody's trash pile. It is a McCulloch FR 2.0 14" bar Factory Reconditioned Chainsaw. I grabbed it thinking that I might be able to resurrect the saw.

I got it home and tried starting it up,... nothing happened. The motor didn't start. I checked the fuel and it was empty. Not sure where to go from here with it.

Is it worth while to explore or repair it? Where should I start? There is no sweat off my nose to just trash it,... is it worth even looking into? TNX for the help and recommendations. I know absolutely nothing about this saw.

XLAXX

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ladylake(minnesota)

Put it on Ebay, maybe someone will buy it. If you nedd a saw get a real one Stihl, Husky, Echo, Dolmar, Shindaiwa, or Redmax are a few that would work. Steve

Bookmark   April 14, 2008 at 6:54AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
xlaxx

I ended up pulling the cover off, zapping it with carb cleaner, checking the plug (BTW, good spark), and holding the pull chord to check compression (which was poor),... still wouldn't start.

I tossed it in the dumpster,...

Will check out the Stihl 118C saws,... I don't need anything major.

TNX
XLAXX

Bookmark   April 16, 2008 at 10:16PM
More Discussions
Harbor Freight small utility tralier question
I just purchased this harbor freight trailer. http://www.harborfreight.com/1090-lb-capacity-40-1-2-half-inch-x-48-inch-mini-utility-trailer-with-12-inch-four-lug-wheels-and-tires-90153.html I...
rlmunsey
General craftsman tiller gearbox question.
Ages ago in the early 90's, I bought a Craftsman 5hp...
bliackbeard
Waterproofing a basement
I get water in my basement just about every spring...
huskymaniacny
Have you successful cut any “seasoned firewood” inside?
Have you successful cut any “seasoned firewood”...
loger_gw
Mantis Tiller purge bulb
I cannot get gasoline to come into the purge bulb....
Alice40
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™