help me identify this ariens tiller....

eklind51April 21, 2011

we just got this ariens tiller from my grandfathers shed...he died 11 years ago. the engine is a briggs and stratton 135202-0615-a1. i can't read the model/serial number on the body.

i cleaned the carb and it fires up...i still need to get parts for the carb. but since it fired up after not being run in 12/13 years i would like to change the pulleys and get a new belt. also there are pulleys that don't have a belt...anyone know why? so if anyone knows the model please let me know so i can get a manual and parts list for it... thank you...pictures below....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ggoyeneche

The two-groove main pulley and the second idler are for reverse. It runs of the camshaft output shaft. You don't have this because someone replaced the engine. I believe original engine was 80000 series 3hp. Your tiller is from early 1970's; replacement engine was from late 1980's to mid 1990's. You should be able to get model number from label on frame next to drag stake. Probably 902002, but could be one of dozens.

Bookmark   April 21, 2011 at 10:55PM
eklind51

the label is there but no numbers are visible. but i'll look into the 902002 series.

Bookmark   April 22, 2011 at 10:50AM
Lenny53

I have a similar tiller my is Mod # 902985, It is missing the engine, but was able to fine out which one came on it from Ariens, they were very helpful. My question is with out the engine I don't know how the two belts go, I am restoring it and need the belt diagram or a picture.
Thanks Lenny.

Bookmark   June 14, 2014 at 11:18AM
More Discussions
What’s a good safe cure to stop or slow root entering sewer line?
What’s a good safe cure to stop or slow root entering...
loger_gw
Woodzig electric pruner
I have a Woodzig electric pruner and use it often....
ranger_ric
Harbor Freight small utility tralier question
I just purchased this harbor freight trailer. http://www.harborfreight.com/1090-lb-capacity-40-1-2-half-inch-x-48-inch-mini-utility-trailer-with-12-inch-four-lug-wheels-and-tires-90153.html I...
rlmunsey
honda snowblower problem
i have a honda 928 snowblower... good machine, but...
rudall
Waterproofing a basement
I get water in my basement just about every spring...
huskymaniacny
Sponsored Products
Mr. Steam W328 Towel Warmer - Stainless Steel
Modern Bathroom
Area Rug: Morrison Ebony 5' 3" x 7' 7"
Home Depot
Wells Sinkware 18 Gauge Single Bowl Undermount Stainless Steel Kitchen/ Bar Sink
Overstock.com
Glistening Ridge Rug 12' x 15' - SOFT BEIGE
$5,499.00 | Horchow
Atlantis Tubs 3060VN Venetian 30 x 60 x 23 - Inch Rectangular Soaking Bathtub
Beyond Stores
Softer Mattress and Box Spring Set
FRONTGATE
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™