First mail order plants arrived

miclino(5)April 2, 2012

Ordered Echinacea pow wow white and sedum dazzleberry from Jungs. First time I have ever received anything so early! Normally get deliveries in late April. Never ordered from Jung's before but it was cheap. The echinacea were small plants in 2 inch pots looking somewhat beat up but not bad. Nothing that won't recover (I hope).

The sedums were in much better condition.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
laceyvail(6A, WV)

I ordered one plant from Jungs, a nursery I'd never ordinarily order from, and I requested an April delivery date. The plant arrived last week. I was livid and called Customer Service to complain. I told them I had been ordering plants for over 30 years and had never had a delivery date request ignored. How did they even know I would be here to receive the plant? And why didn't they have the courtesy to tell me they couldn't honor the request and would send it on their own schedule? I added that this was just one of the reasons why they have such a terrible reputation. I'll never order anything from them again.

Bookmark   April 3, 2012 at 6:32AM
cearbhaill

My first plants of the year are coming today, woo hoo!!
These are from Bluestone which works best for me because I am in a one day shipping area.
I am loving this early spring weather.

Bookmark   April 3, 2012 at 2:59PM
tepelus z6a SW MI

I have hostas coming tomorrow from Hallson's. I may order a few heuchera from In The Country, but other than that and a few here or there from local nurseries, I don't plan to buy many plants this year.

Karen

Bookmark   April 3, 2012 at 3:03PM
More Discussions
Before and After
By chance I came across this first photo just today....
rouge21_gw
What plant are you anxiously awaiting the return of in the spring?
Well, maybe not *anxiously* awaiting but awaiting nevertheless. For...
mxk3
E-mail from GW?
Did anyone else get an e-mail that was supposedly generated...
mxk3
Echinaceas in my Rain Garden
In a rare stroke of luck I just finished my rain garden...
northraleighguy
Please tell me about baptisia?
I've occasionally seen these plants in local gardens,...
twrosz
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™