how soon for fungicide?

charleney(8a PNW)April 30, 2014

Chamblees own-root babies should be coming today or tomorrow. It is too hot to plant today or tomorrow. I am good with new babies and do the water etc.
When and what shall I fungicide them ? I have Daconil, Sulphur and all-in-one. Shall I use any of them soon or when? I have 2 older roses that have a bit of blackspot, even though have sprayed with Daconil.
I know some of you will come up with the right answer. Thank You!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
charleney(8a PNW)

I also just found a tiny amount of advanced disease control!

Bookmark   April 30, 2014 at 6:29PM
mzstitch(Zone 7b South Carolina)

It's all up to how much you personally want to use fungicide. I live in Black spot hell, I've tried and just cannot possibly go through the season without using fungicide. Daconil didn't work for me, and now I only use Bayer Advanced Garden Disease Control. The nice part about Bayer is it will stop Blackspot once it has started. This way I don't have to spray until I absolutely need to. Last week I saw some Blackspot on two roses so I sprayed those two, but have not done my others that are doing fine. I just watch them closely and start them on a spray program when I see it has started. Bayer has addittional formulas that combine with fertilizer, or insecticide. I prefer to get the one soley for disease as I don't want to kill my good bugs, and I can fertilize with better fertilizer cheaper. So you may want to begin a spray for your roses that are showing blackspot now and wait on your others. Some roses are more likely to get it than others.

Bookmark   April 30, 2014 at 8:13PM
charleney(8a PNW)

Thank You. I think that is good advice.

Bookmark   April 30, 2014 at 9:27PM
More Discussions
Francis Meilland, suggestions on pruning and care?
I currently have him in a 15 gallon, he's at least...
msdorkgirl
Earth kind roses trials in northern gardens.
This should help us northern rose gardeners. Iowa State...
Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
Roses that you miss
I have a few roses I have lost over the last 10 years....
kingcobbtx9b
Rainbow Happy Trails
My local nursery has a rose named Rainbow Happy Trails....
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Roses and their offspring
I would like to learn more about roses that have reputations...
sara_ann-z6bok
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™