Mantis Tiller purge bulb

Alice40April 24, 2011

I cannot get gasoline to come into the purge bulb. I replaced the bulb along with a rebuild kit for the carburetor. The purge bulb blows air into the fuel tank but does not suck up fuel into the clear line. The only thing I did not replace was the purge base. Anyone have any ideas on what could be the problem?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
baymee(LehighValleyPA)

Was it working previously? Are the hoses hooked up correctly? The hose from the fuel filter hooks on the bottom of the carb, not at the push button. The base of the primer bulb plastic has a one-way valve in it that may be varnished shut. It's about 1/4" in diameter and brass.

Bookmark   April 25, 2011 at 5:54AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
horqua

Could your fuel filter, found at the end of the tube in the fuel tank (that's where mine is) be clogged and need replacement? You could try pulling the hose out of the tank with some forceps or needlenose pliers, remove the filter, put the hose back into the tank, and pump the bulb to see if it draws fuel into the carb. If that works, contact Mantis for a new filter. Don't till without a filter cause you can get dirt in the tank and clog up the carb.

Bookmark   April 27, 2011 at 6:19PM
More Discussions
Craftsman Snow Blower - Drive problem
During our big storm last week i noticed I started...
rspin
Any Good Electric Brushcutter?
I have a small area, my lot is just 1/2ac and less...
InFlux
Craftsman Snowblower Recall
Did anyone else receive a recall notice in the mail...
pjrsjr
troy bilt horse question
Went to check the transmission fluid today and noticed...
snuffyinatl
2 stroke Mantis tiller vs. 4 stroke Mantis
I'm looking at buying a small Mantis cultivator but...
lil_rhody
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™