stihl ms 391

mrtoler22April 3, 2011

so im looking at a stihl 391 and am not completely familiar with stihls history or this saw. to my understanding this is a whole new saw correct? not just an updated version? i have a stihl dealer/service center less than 1/2 mile away so i know i would like to go with the stihl brand. it is being sold with a 25" bar but according to stihls website they say only up to 20" so i was concerned with that. will it power a 25" sufficently? and the next question was the price. they have it marked at 559.00 is that a competitive price for this saw? i am going to try and get them to throw in a case but dont really count on it. and since its above a 390 does that mean its made in sweden?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
danobatt

I'm not an expert, but i believe the MS 391 is an updated version of the MS 390. That is a mid-range saw. The price sounds like it's on track. I personally would consider the MS362 for another $130 or so, and that would be a professional saw. It all depends how often it's going to be used also.

Bookmark   April 7, 2011 at 7:53PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mrtoler22

well i already purchased the unit so i suppose ill see what happens. ive ran approximately a quart of fuel through it so far with no problems. i ended up getting a little better pricing i ended up getting it for 529 and sold me a case for 25.00. so well see how it holds up and if its not good i guess ill trade it in and go with somthing different. i would of considered the 362 had i known in time

Bookmark   April 10, 2011 at 12:13PM
More Discussions
Adjusting Carb on Toro S200 Snow Blower
I have a small 2 stroke Toro S200 Snow Blower that...
rgress
Troy Bilt Horse Drive Shaft Bearings
I took my horse apart because the front transmission...
gildomilo
Best gas leaf blower?
Can anyone recommend a good gas powered leaf blower?...
robar
Older Troy Built Tiller Model ID
Trying to indentify model number of my unit. It is...
gardenerfrank
Any Good Electric Brushcutter?
I have a small area, my lot is just 1/2ac and less...
InFlux
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™