Chainsaw flooding

molly3553May 5, 2014

I have an MS361 Stihl saw, it was over running so I took the carb off to clean it out and after re fitting, the saw will run for a few seconds then flood. If the saw is then left switched off it will continue to suck the fuel out of the tank till dry filling up the engine then running out of the exhaust. I must have altered something in the carb, it has a new tank filter and I have set carb to factory setting. If I leave this saw for a day it will suck the tank dry and I have to tip the saw upside down for the fuel to run out of the exhaust, plug hole etc. If I turn the saw upside down shortly after fuelling it, fuel will run out of the carb and air filter. I am going mad trying to work out what I have done, any suggestions???

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rcmoser

My guess probably the needle or seat or needle not seating allowing the fuel to siphon. awful easy to misalign the seat or spring trying to get the tiny screw started and every thing down correctly.

This post was edited by rcmoser on Mon, May 5, 14 at 17:43

Bookmark   May 5, 2014 at 5:41PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
molly3553

Finally sorted, drove me mad when it would suck the tank dry even without a carb fitted. Very slight cracks in tank to carb pipe. Must have finally cracked when I took the carb off first time . All good now, thanks.

Bookmark   May 11, 2014 at 2:41PM
More Discussions
Mantis Tiller purge bulb
I cannot get gasoline to come into the purge bulb....
Alice40
cultivator or tiller or both
In the past I've manually tilled and cultivated my...
Bushwhacker Blood
Woodzig electric pruner
I have a Woodzig electric pruner and use it often....
ranger_ric
Harbor Freight small utility tralier question
I just purchased this harbor freight trailer. http://www.harborfreight.com/1090-lb-capacity-40-1-2-half-inch-x-48-inch-mini-utility-trailer-with-12-inch-four-lug-wheels-and-tires-90153.html I...
rlmunsey
Are you finding Insert Pic Attachments to work as printed on this Site
Are you finding Insert Pic Attachments to work as printed...
loger_gw
Sponsored Products
Blue Max 2-in-1 14/20-inch Combination Chainsaw in Protective Case
Overstock.com
Blue Max 16-inch 38 cc EPA Gas Chainsaw
Overstock.com
GreenWorks Li-Ion 16-inch Cordless Chainsaw with Battery and Charger
Overstock.com
Blue Max 2-in-1 14/20-inch Combination Chainsaw
Overstock.com
Blue Max 18-inch Chain Saw´┐Ż
Overstock.com