Wiring diagram

kemperhillsMarch 31, 2014

I have a Simplicity riding mower, Model # 1693795 that kills the engine when the when the PTO button is pulled. Last year the blades wouldn't engage when the PTO button was pulled and I replaced the backup overide switch and it worked for a while. Now the opposite has happened. If you turn the backup override switch before engaging the blades it runs fine.

Question, does anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for this mower. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mownie(7)

Well, the fact that you can keep it running by invoking the "mow in reverse" over rule switch tells me that the issue is likely the reverse sensing switch has failed in the applied position, or a wire serving that sensor/switch has shorted to ground, which mimics the condition of shifting to reverse gear. Or in other words, it thinks you have selected REVERSE travel.... all the time.
If you can locate the reverse sensing switch and wiring you can probably/maybe solve the problem without an actual diagram.

Bookmark   March 31, 2014 at 11:49AM
kemperhills

Ok, thanks for the info, I will see what I can do.

Bookmark   March 31, 2014 at 12:41PM
bill_kapaun

My "guess", not having a schematic, is a bad, misadjusted or disconnected seat switch.
EDIT- mownie may have a schematic and he IS knowledgeable about these, so pay attention to him first-

This post was edited by bill_kapaun on Mon, Mar 31, 14 at 14:01

Bookmark   March 31, 2014 at 1:59PM
More Discussions
John Deere 445 EFI wet plugs
Tractor won't start until you remove both spark plugs and...
stone75
John Deere SRX75 Rider Issue
I have an old Deere SRX75 30" rider with a Kawasaki...
itzbinnice
Request for advice/information on Simplicity Regent 4111
Hello all. I was doing an internet search and found...
mattyruch
New Briggs & Stratton lawn mower engine never needs an oil change
Wonder what Taryl at the Grass Roots Garage would have...
txtom50
Tecumseh throttle governor help?
Ssnow blower, not tractor question, but I'm hoping...
mbsl98
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™