Home Brew Trimmer Harness ??

crowhorse2524May 9, 2010

I'm new to the forum and have searched around, but I haven't found anyone who's made a trimmer harness. There are some commercially made harnesses, but I know I could make one for far less than what they might cost.

I have a tremendous amount of trimming to do weekly and my curved shaft trimmer kills my back. I'll be putting a harness together and modifying a military "Y" harness with web belt combo as the foundation. From there it will be trial and error. I'm thinking of 2 mounting points on the trimmer, one close to the motor that will be secured using webbing to the belt and a second mount point using a suitable bungee from the harness shoulder strap to a more forward position on the trimmer shaft.

Has anyone else tried something like this?

All Good Medicine,

Crow

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yungman

Nop!! My harness came with the bike handle trimmer I bought. If you have back issue and you need to trim a lot. Get a bike handle trimmer.

Bookmark   May 9, 2010 at 2:52PM
masiman(z7 VA)

I was surprised how affordable the Stihl harness I bought was. It was ~$20.

Bookmark   May 10, 2010 at 11:23AM
crowhorse2524

Which Stihl harness do you have? I believe they have several different models.... I thought that Stihl would be more expensive than some of the harnesses I've seen. Live and learn.......

Bookmark   May 10, 2010 at 7:12PM
masiman(z7 VA)

I have this Double Standard Harness.

Check with your local dealer, I know they can vary from place to place. A quick search showed other full type harnesses going for ~$35. It makes me wonder if I correctly remember what I paid for my Stihl harness. I do remember being surprised that it cost much less than the typical Stihl sky high prices.

Bookmark   May 11, 2010 at 4:47PM
More Discussions
Dewalt 3800 pressure washer, open hole between pump and engine.
Hi, I just bought a dewalt 3800 pressure washer gx...
ron111
Stihl vs. Husqvarna Chainsaw purchase
I am lucky enough to have my wife ask me to pick out...
virginiacowboy
honda snowblower problem
i have a honda 928 snowblower... good machine, but...
rudall
Testing the new format X allowing multiple attachments.
I am back to two Lexan chain guides due to a chain...
loger_gw
Troy Bilt Horse Drive Shaft Bearings
I took my horse apart because the front transmission...
gildomilo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™