Echo SRM 265T

tealmowingMay 4, 2010

I was wandering if anybody else had any experience with the ECHO trimmer SRM 265T. I recently purchased one but was quite disappointed when the motor failed after owning the trimmer for 4 days. Dealer would not fix the unit under warranty (so much for a 5 year warranty). I have owned several light duty trimmers but recently started mowing a couple of neighbors yards along with the yard at church, so I needed something better than a $70 trimmer (at least I thought I did). I guess that I should have continued to buy the $70 ad special trimmer as the $350 ECHO trimmer turned out to be a piece of junk.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
masiman(z7 VA)

What was wrong with the SRM265 engine? What did the dealer say that he would not fix it or that the problem was not under warranty?

The SRM265 is a very reliable and strong trimmer.

Bookmark   May 4, 2010 at 11:17AM
yungman

You should not give up, unless you forgot to put oil in the gas, there is no way they can deny warranty. Call Echo direct. Chances is another of those bad dealer that people have been complaining more and more.

Echo is a good brand. 265 is starting to prove itself. We were just talking they hold up very well for 3 years since it call out under continuous commercial use.

If you are really allergic to Echo, don't get a cheap brand, try Shindaiwa, Kawasaki or Husqvarna.

If you want to be cheap, get the Husaqvarna 125L for $199 in Lowes or OSH. Buy from box store, at least you get 30 days return policy, better than those dealers that promise everything and deliver nothing like the one you have.

Bookmark   May 4, 2010 at 11:43AM
evdpgh

Presuming that you didn't straight gas it (and that's a big presumption) about the only way a 4 day old unit would fail is due to a manufacturing defect.

A dealer can tear down the engine and determine if it was straight gased.

If you paid for it with a credit card you can call and dispute the charge with the credit card company, but hurry. Vendors just hate that.

You don't work for an Echo competitor do you?

Bookmark   May 7, 2010 at 7:41PM
evdpgh

I find it curious that the OP never responded.

Bookmark   May 17, 2010 at 12:34PM
masiman(z7 VA)

Yeah, makes me think they ran straight gas and were embarrassed. I'd be embarrassed too. I'm not saying it couldn't happen to me.

Bookmark   May 17, 2010 at 1:51PM
yungman

Don't the dealer put in at least half a tankful of gas mix when customer walked out the door?

Isn't it obvious when you look at the color of the gas?

Bookmark   May 17, 2010 at 4:19PM
More Discussions
What’s a good safe cure to stop or slow root entering sewer line?
What’s a good safe cure to stop or slow root entering...
loger_gw
Any owners of the Troy-bilt Cultivator Plus?
I bought this around 1984 and have never seen another...
baymee
Woodzig electric pruner
I have a Woodzig electric pruner and use it often....
ranger_ric
Temperature alarm app for Android?
I am wondering if anyone knows of an Android app that...
armbarangel
Garage Door Opener Repair tips PT1 long
Hi all, it seems to me that in general GDO posters...
techdave
Sponsored Products
Tristan Dresser
$1,799.00 | Horchow
Latigo Leather Multi Leash, Black
The City Farm
E-LLUM T-5654 Pendant by Estiluz
$1,187.00 | Lumens
Aurora Hugger Fan with Light
Lightology
Calypso Vibrant Bronze Six Light Bath Fixture
$498.00 | Bellacor
Flatweave Ledbury Trellis Cotton Rug (7'6 x 9'6)
Overstock.com
Echo Z2170 Table Lamp by Robert Abbey
$242.00 | Lumens
Fuchsia & Gray Dora Rug
$29.99 | zulily
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™