Craftsman garage door opener not closing

elimpaecherMay 29, 2011

I have a Craftsman 139.53615SR opener with a 41A3621 circuit board. No door sensors. No remote is being used (just the wall controller).

The door opens with no problem. When is push the button to close it, however, it travels 4" and stops. If I push it again, it travels 4", stops, and then goes back up 4". If I hold the button, it travels down as long as I command it, but goes back up as soon as I let go of the button.

The gears look fine and there is no plastic "sawdust". I've adjusted both of the travel dials and the force dials, with no effect. It behaves the same whether the traveler is connected to the door or not. Any advice is appreciated.

-Erik

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loger_gw

Have you priced another circuit board to see if replacing the board is reasonable vs a complete opener? From your explanations, it sounds as if a logic board is bad. Can you relate to how this started? I have had two openerâÂÂs receivers to go out during the same storm (with no action with the bad receivers). It would be good to have another receiver to try with the opener because both would have logic boards/circuit boards in my opinion. I have 4 extra openers from the 80s garage/flea-market sales. They have all worked and lasted well with maintenance (mainly lubricating). My first two original used units are still working (with 1 starting capacitor and 2 receivers replaced).

Have you fed your info to the Openers Tech Support that I have heard others make reference to? I think they would know which board (receiver or opener) is bad. Good Luck! loger

Bookmark   May 30, 2011 at 6:01PM
More Discussions
Primer not getting Gas?? After Carb Rebuid?
I just rebuilt a couple snow blower Carbs (both Tecumseh...
bertman_gw
Older Troy Built Tiller Model ID
Trying to indentify model number of my unit. It is...
gardenerfrank
Mantis tiller will not idle
Picked up a used Mantis (SV-4/A engine) that will just...
ccarlsonnh
IS it ME ? OR is this site/Forum Gone in hibernation?
This used to be such an informative and active site!!...
bertman_gw
Any Good Electric Brushcutter?
I have a small area, my lot is just 1/2ac and less...
InFlux
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™