shadeyplace(7)May 25, 2014

this is ringens and a huge one..really interesting flowers

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
illinoisdoglover(z5IL)

Beautiful. I sent you an email.

Bookmark   May 25, 2014 at 9:13AM
shadeyplace(7)

Sorry I do not trade..(by mail) if you are ever in Baltimore however>>> ;0)

Bookmark   May 25, 2014 at 9:26AM
Campanula UK Z8

Noooooo, I have been resisting another dangerous (to my bank account) obsession......

Bookmark   May 25, 2014 at 9:34AM
shadeyplace(7)

I understand all too well.

Bookmark   May 25, 2014 at 12:05PM
wantonamara Z8 CenTex

If I had cool wetlands, I would be all over this genera.Alas, I can only look. When I was a child, my grandmothers woods in Pennsylvania was full of them down by her creek got the low hand soggy in places. It makes me very nostalgic.

Bookmark   May 25, 2014 at 1:31PM
laceyvail(6A, WV)

I had native Jack in the pulpits all over my shade garden, with several dense areas. A couple of years ago, they all disappeared. This year, they're back--and mostly in different places. Interesting. Some years ago, I had a lot of indian pipes too--but just that one year.

Bookmark   May 26, 2014 at 6:47AM
shadeyplace(7)

It is weird how some things just GO. I had literally hundreds of bloodroot and thousands of seedling in one area and in ONE year they were gone. The native jack seems to move around also. I have not had good luck with sikokianum or candidisima.

Bookmark   May 26, 2014 at 7:18AM
prairiemoon2 z6 MA

I had a nice one for about three years and just as a second flowering stem showed up, the next spring it didn't come back.

Bookmark   May 26, 2014 at 7:38AM
Campanula UK Z8

I have cool wetlands................must resist......must resist.........must resist .......(am hearing horrible echoes, with Borg accents - 'Resistance is futile')

Bookmark   May 26, 2014 at 8:58AM
shadeyplace(7)

OH MY that is absolutely beautiful and how depressing it did not come back! I know they need well drained, but moist and can take a bit more sun. What a shame. That is my favorite

Bookmark   May 26, 2014 at 3:18PM
prairiemoon2 z6 MA

It was a very interesting plant, but I rarely spend a lot of money on any plant material. That one was an impulse buy and cost me $40. which I thought was a lot of money. And I don't really miss it. To spend a lot of money for a plant and then have to tip toe around it is not for me. The plants that give me the most pleasure are those that are vigorous and dependable and full of blooms and just high performers year after year.

Oh, campanula, by the way, you recommended a Daffodil to me, 'Baby Moon' and it is blooming right now. Really late for a daffodil in my garden. Everything else has been gone for a couple of weeks. They are very cute and unique. Good recommendation. Thanks! :-)

Bookmark   May 26, 2014 at 5:14PM
More Discussions
Echinaceas in my Rain Garden
In a rare stroke of luck I just finished my rain garden...
northraleighguy
Sun Lovers in Shade---Shade lovers in Sun?
Have you placed plants in a location contrary to what...
WendyJoZ8
liatris bulbs
I just bought bulbs. Can I start them in a pot now...
sorie6
I got my bees!
My mason bee cocoons came in the mail today. I'm...
mxk3
Your Monkshood?
I have an established stand of some unnamed aconitum...
rouge21_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™