Devilbiss GB5000-2 bridge rectifier wiring diagram or description

dwbdaveMay 18, 2013

Melted the bridge rectifier inside my Devilbiss gb5000-2 generator after plugging in a miswired extension cord during our last power outage. The photo above shows two white lead wires leaving the stator windings. One of these white wires is jacketed inside blue painted insulation, the other white wire is inside an unpainted white jacket. I believe these should be the positive and negative wires to the bridge rectifier, the other two wires leaving the stator are yellow and should connect to the AC (~) terminals on the bridge rectifier. I have ordered a replacement bridge rectifier (Devilbiss part GS0767, generic part number 512 GBPC1204), but I need to know the polarity of the two white wires in order to connect it correctly. Devilbiss diagrams for this generator do not even show the rectifier, just the 4 wires leaving the back of the disassembled parts. Anyone out there who can at least take a snapshot of your GB5000 or similar generator with the wires installed? This bridge rectifier or one similar is installed on many Porter Cable, DeWalt, Devilbiss, and other generators. Devilbiss seems to have abandoned their generators, and have obsoleted many of the parts for them as well.

More Discussions
Electrolytic Rust Removal
Has anyone tried this, using a battery charger, "washing...
exmar
honda snowblower problem
i have a honda 928 snowblower... good machine, but...
rudall
Primer not getting Gas?? After Carb Rebuid?
I just rebuilt a couple snow blower Carbs (both Tecumseh...
bertman_gw
Electric shredder motor will switch on but won't spin the blades
Hello, I have an electric garden shredder that will...
Lindsay Durdle
Snow Thrower impeller
I have a Craftsman 9 hp dual stage snow thrower, that...
fjs001
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™