Question about Toro Ultra blower internal switch

anthonyg_ma(z5 MA)May 2, 2010

My Toro Ultra leaf blower suddenly stopped working, so I decided to pull it apart to see what was wrong. I figured ... it's already broken .. I can't make it any worse :-)

There's an internal switch near the base of the unit that (in my novice opinion) appears to be a cutoff switch, possibly to prevent the unit from operating once opened-up. If I manually depress the switch, the blower runs like a champ. I don't see anything that would depress the switch to keep the unit operational once fully assembled however. It's possible something inside broke-off, but nothing was 'floating around' when I opened it up. If this is simply a cutoff switch, and I force it to remain in the 'on' position, it should work. I wanted to see if anyone knew exactly what this switch was for however, before I tried this and set myself up for a shock (or worse :) later on.

Thank you in advance!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
evdpgh

I think you got it right. It appears to me that this is a cut-off switch that prevents the blower from operating when the blower cover is opened. A platic piece which closes the switch probably broke off. If it were mine I'd probably just disconnect the two wires at the switch, strip
them, connect them together and tape them. No shock hazard that I can see.

Bookmark   May 7, 2010 at 8:01PM
More Discussions
Any owners of the Troy-bilt Cultivator Plus?
I bought this around 1984 and have never seen another...
baymee
Harbor Freight small utility tralier question
I just purchased this harbor freight trailer. http://www.harborfreight.com/1090-lb-capacity-40-1-2-half-inch-x-48-inch-mini-utility-trailer-with-12-inch-four-lug-wheels-and-tires-90153.html I...
rlmunsey
MTD 8HP SnowBlower
I have an MTD 8hp SnowBlower Mod # 317E640F352. The...
Jeffery Smith
Deep Spader
Has anyone used a deep spader? How did you like it?...
svachon
Are you finding Insert Pic Attachments to work as printed on this Site
Are you finding Insert Pic Attachments to work as printed...
loger_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™