drift rose series

arbordayle(6 PA)April 30, 2009

I have 5 original knock outs in a mixed border. I love the continuous color they provide but they have gotten huge despite pruning several times a season- and pruning them is no easy task with those giant thorns. Although the tag on knockouts says they grow 3-4 feet, mine grow 8-10 feet. I'm looking for a smaller replacement and a nursery owner recently recommended drift roses. How does the drift series compare to knockouts for continous bloom and disease resistance? Is the red drift rose similar in color to the original red knockout?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Prettypetals_GA_7-8

Hi, I have the peach and coral drift and love them. They stayed clean all summer last year, which was my first year with them. The peach one has the best scent ever. The clusters of flowers on it are gorgeous starting with the buds and ending with those precious little blooms. My coral one didn't seem to have much of a scent from what I remember. My peach one is about 2 1/2 ft. tall by 3 1/2 ft. wide. The coral one is staying smaller but it was alot smaller bush when I got it. They have quick rebloom but I wouldn't say it was continuous like the knockout. I have a bunch of knockouts too and nothing is as continuous as it is. Good luck deciding. Judy

Bookmark   May 1, 2009 at 10:25PM
More Discussions
Roses that you miss
I have a few roses I have lost over the last 10 years....
kingcobbtx9b
What's wrong with my rose bush?
Can anyone please shed some light on what's wrong with...
alyong
Earth kind roses trials in northern gardens.
This should help us northern rose gardeners. Iowa State...
Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
Soaking a bareroot rose?
I've been wondering about the best way to prepare a...
sara_ann-z6bok
New record!
OK, all you snow freaks, you got your new record here...
seil zone 6b MI
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™