Why you should buy an Electric Power Washer

exmarMay 1, 2012

Hi Folks,

Finally got around to power washing my deck using a 1600 PSI electric. Deck hadn't been touched since I built it about 9 years ago, so it was definitely "due." The electric did a reasonable job, slower than the big gas driven ones I'm used to, but it does work.

I was out there "doing my thing" and "the boss" wandered out and said "that looks like fun, can I try it?" Long story short, she decided that she did a better job than I did and she took over. Guess it's classified as "cleaning" and "men can't clean." :-)

So, true story, see if it sounds interesting to you.

Critically speaking, the electric would only clean a path about an inch and a half wide which is why I said it's slower, but for the price....

Ev

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
andyma_gw

Yah, Marina bought a Karcher with about the same pressure. I dont think it weighs 20 lbs. I thought it was a cheap POS, but It is quite effective. It also doesnt beat up the wood as much as the gas unit I rented.

Bookmark   May 1, 2012 at 5:15PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rcmoser

Again, don't run it without water pressure on the unit. The diaphram will quickly heat up without water supply. Same goes for gas model pumps. ALso the gas model pumps have oil cavity. This oil should be checked and changed anually or sooner depending on how many hours you use the pressure washer. Expense or cheap users attention to details and pre-ventive maintenance it the key for longivity

Bookmark   May 4, 2012 at 5:57AM
More Discussions
Predator 212cc Engine, Harbor Freight FYI
Hi Folks, Been thinking of getting one of these for...
exmar
Dewalt 3800 pressure washer, open hole between pump and engine.
Hi, I just bought a dewalt 3800 pressure washer gx...
ron111
IS it ME ? OR is this site/Forum Gone in hibernation?
This used to be such an informative and active site!!...
bertman_gw
2-cycle engine troubleshooting
My 2-cycle blower cannot be started. There is a hot...
slim50
Craftsman Snowblower Recall
Did anyone else receive a recall notice in the mail...
pjrsjr
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™