Good Loppers

fly2highMay 3, 2010

Had a pair of extendable lopper with a large bypass blade and the point where the blade inserts into the handle stetched out wider and the plastic insert holding them came out. Also the aluminum oval tubular handles bent and the bumper preventing them from busting your knuckles worn and now can hit.

Am looking for a landscaper quality pair.

Any suggestions???

Not sure on fiskkars ratchet b/c it requires the handles to be very far apart to get a large branch in there.

Looking for about a 30 inch, give or take bypass lopper.

thanks

Frank

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dmullen(Southern CA)

If price is no object, Felco is hard to beat. Otherwise, Fiskars is good too and has good customer service.

Bookmark   May 3, 2010 at 6:53PM
fly2high

I am looking for dealer of Bahco and Felco and so far only found one company with the Felco. I heard the BAhco are really good too.

Not sure on how the handles are attached to the 'working end' on the Bahco. Also, I would like to hold each and see how they feel and operate.

Most companies carry Stihl and their version of a lopper.

When I look at it online, it looks very similar to the Toro but the toro are like 1/3 the price. Who make what for whom?

Frank

Bookmark   May 4, 2010 at 8:35AM
lbpod

Check out Garrett Wade.

Here is a link that might be useful: High Quality Loppers

Bookmark   May 4, 2010 at 8:46AM
fly2high

anyone else have any suggestions or recommendations on ones to avoid?

Bookmark   May 6, 2010 at 8:17AM
masiman(z7 VA)

I'd avoid ones like you had :). Since you bent the pair you had, it sounds like you need heavier duty loppers and looking at the commercial ones is the smart thing to do.

Corona usually makes decent stuff. Felco, Bahco and Fiskars as mentioned are typically high quality. Fiskars often goes for the the lightweight high tech solution (composites, lightened parts, etc.). If you don't need telescoping then don't buy that feature. It is just something else to fail.

Bookmark   May 6, 2010 at 2:19PM
evdpgh

Check out Lee Valley Tools. They carry the same Canadian-made loppers as Garrett-Wade for a few bucks less. They also have a 24" Felco bypass lopper(which they advertise as 2" capacity)made of aluminum if you're looking for extreme light weight. The Felco's are pricey.

Bookmark   May 8, 2010 at 9:10AM
More Discussions
Best gas leaf blower?
Can anyone recommend a good gas powered leaf blower?...
robar
Predator 212cc Engine, Harbor Freight FYI
Hi Folks, Been thinking of getting one of these for...
exmar
Adjusting Carb on Toro S200 Snow Blower
I have a small 2 stroke Toro S200 Snow Blower that...
rgress
Older Troy Built Tiller Model ID
Trying to indentify model number of my unit. It is...
gardenerfrank
Electric shredder motor will switch on but won't spin the blades
Hello, I have an electric garden shredder that will...
Lindsay Durdle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™