strike it rich rose

ehlerslwApril 26, 2014

hello today I got a strike it rich yellow rose from lowes today. it really looks great with a lot of blooms on it. does anyone on here grow them. I am going to plant it next to my Julia child roses I bought last month.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
esther_b

Ha-ha! I also bought a really nice specimen of Strike it Rich at Home Depot Friday, after doing a lot of internet research about Blackspot resistance and such. I second the request for profiting from anyone else's experience with this rose.

It seems to have plenty of strong canes, although I would have pruned off some of the weaker canes before it leafed out so completely. Mine has buds, I expect some flowers in a few days.

Thanks for any info!

Bookmark   April 26, 2014 at 10:33PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
boncrow66

I have had a Strike it Rich for 3 years and it is beside my yellow nacogdoches and is very healthy and has never has BS. I posted a pic of my nacogdoches in a thread called A few rose pics, you can see the SIR behind it. I love the colors, it has shades of yellow and orange and eventually turns a light orangey colors. It's been a good rose for me. Good luck with yours!

Bookmark   April 27, 2014 at 9:07AM
More Discussions
Black Gold Natural Organic Fertilizer?
Has anyone used this with positive results? I usually...
alana8asc
Have roses, need someone with shovel to take them home...
After the last garden move, I swore it wouldn't happen...
roseseek
Partial Shade Miniflora
I am looking for some Minifloras that would be okay...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Pruning vigorous HTS in soCal
Hi, Usually a 'lurker' on the forum. I am a gardener...
raingreen
Do you ever rearrange the rest of your life around roses?
Hi folks I obviously love growing and talking about...
nippstress - zone 5 Nebraska
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™