Troy Bilt Super Bronco won't start

grtcrowdMay 3, 2011

This machine was running fine when put away last season. We have put in fresh gas, changed the plug, checked the oil but it will not start. Any suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gator_rider2(z8 Ga.)

choke it pull crank rope 5 time take plug out see wet gas new plug need smell it for gas if no gas smell clean carburetor inside all small passages need to be open by running small wire through every hole. A small engine mechanic can do carb. cleaning better than home owner. Your small engine need run over winter each month 30 minutes so carb has new gas with solvent in small passages adding rich solvent mixer helps if don't like to run engine overwinter adding seafoam to tank gas run for 30 minutes before put away for winter. Directions on seafoam is good read there plenty on can.

Bookmark   May 3, 2011 at 6:41PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ewalk

If you are getting a good Blue Spark and the plug is not wet than the carb is fouled . As Gator advised using a fuel conditioner / cleaner prior to draining the unit usually reduces the potential for gum or varnish build up within the carb during storage . This fouling is extremely increased when Ethanol fuel is used . Get some carb cleaner (concentrated) and mix up new fuel with 2 ounces of cleaner and let the blend sit for 20 minutes or so . Then attempt to start the unit , you may need to use carb cleaner sprayed into the spark plug hole or carb venturi to prime the engine for initial starting . Keep the engine running with choke or purge bulb to allow the fuel cleaner to begin to remove the build up of gum and varnish etc. Usually cleans up within 20- 30 minute run time .

Bookmark   May 6, 2011 at 1:47PM
More Discussions
McCullough Pro Mac 700 has to be a professional grade saw vs a Home?
Servicing/Starting my Neighbor’s McCullough Pro Mac...
loger_gw
Building storage shed on a terraced slope
Is it safe to build a storage shed occupying two levels...
Thomas Lu
Are you finding Insert Pic Attachments to work as printed on this Site
Are you finding Insert Pic Attachments to work as printed...
loger_gw
Garage Door Opener Repair tips PT1 long
Hi all, it seems to me that in general GDO posters...
techdave
What locked my Neighbor’s 6.5 Briggs Quantum Edge Engine?
I wanted to see what locked my Neighbor’s 6.5 Briggs...
loger_gw
Sponsored Products
House of Troy PLED101 Piano / Desk Lamp - 19W in. - PLED101-527
$258.00 | Hayneedle
Troy Machined Interlocking Rubber Encased Grip Plate - GO-025R
$13.74 | Hayneedle
House of Troy Traditional 21" Wide Brass Picture Light
Lamps Plus
Bentley One-Light Bath Fixture
$144.00 | Bellacor
Gables Outdoor Wall Sconce by Troy Lighting
$402.00 | Lumens