Montgomery Ward Tiller Model #GIL-1530A Manual

lescatMay 17, 2010

Need a manual for MW model # GIL 1530A Tiller serial # 27X01734 Tried to get info from rustytiller.com but can't get it to find tech page all I get is sponsered links ect. Help!!! Thanx Cat

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
javert

Here's the closest I can find; take a look, maybe there are only superficial differences between this one and yours.

Did you do a Forum search on Wards Gilson Tiller? This issue has been hashed out repeatedly through the years - if you'll do the search, then go through each post, you might find somebody who has the manual.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wards tiller manuals

Bookmark   May 17, 2010 at 5:48PM
lescat

Thank you for your followup I found out that it is a 1972 Montgomery Ward tiller it's front tined. I haven't seen a listing yet for the GIL-1530A anywhere. What happened to Rustytiller.com??? Again thank you for your help. Cat

Bookmark   May 18, 2010 at 2:25PM
javert

Your tiller is actually a Gilson, which is long-gone; however, it was acquired by Lawn Boy, which is still around, but I don't know who owns it. Find a Lawn Boy dealer and see if he can help. And don't restrict your internet searches to Wards.

Bookmark   May 19, 2010 at 10:37AM
lescat

Thank you!

Bookmark   May 19, 2010 at 11:12AM
farmerdilla

Those old Gilson front tine tillers were pretty simple. What do you need to know? My father had a Mongomery Ward version in the early 60's. Did a nice job but the worm gear was a problem after a few years. I still have a 1971 Gilson, (Western Auto Wizard) chain drive. Much more durable than the worm gear drive. Both have standard Briggs engines so for engine problems go the engine manufacturer. If you looking for gearbox seals , bearings etc. good luck.

Bookmark   May 19, 2010 at 11:42AM
lescat

Need a manual for MW GIL-1530A 1972 front tine gear drive.

Bookmark   May 19, 2010 at 12:13PM
More Discussions
Have you successful cut any “seasoned firewood” inside?
Have you successful cut any “seasoned firewood”...
loger_gw
Testing the new format X allowing multiple attachments.
I am back to two Lexan chain guides due to a chain...
loger_gw
Troy Bilt Pony Tiller
I have a Troy Bilt Pony Tiller with a 5 HP Briggs and...
beeer_2008
Best gas leaf blower?
Can anyone recommend a good gas powered leaf blower?...
robar
Craftsman Snow Blower - Drive problem
During our big storm last week i noticed I started...
rspin
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™