Echo PB-413H blower dies when throttle applied

sassman55May 4, 2010

I have an Echo PB-413H blower and this blower was working great but all of a sudden I can't keep the engine running past a fast idle. When I try to accelerate the engine it makes a deep throaty sound, almost like the choke is on, and dies. I have changed the fuel filter, air filter, replace the spark plug, taken the carb apart and cleaned it, replaced the fuel line from the tank to the carb - everything I can think of but no luck. It starts and idles great, but when I go to give it throttle, it dies. This problem seemed to happen all of a sudden - one day it was working the next it had a problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yungman

You take out the muffler and check for carbon build up blocking the exhaust? Clean the spark arrestor screen on the muffler?

When you took the carb apart, did you use force air to blower dry the parts?

Bookmark   May 4, 2010 at 5:11PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rcmoser

Might first thought is a vacuum leak, all the jug and crank case cover screws are tight right? second thought how about compression? Blowers can wear out and engine quickly, takes alot of torque to blow air. after that MY guess would be carb. diaphramn gone south. Might try a new 8 dollar carb. kit.

Bookmark   May 4, 2010 at 10:42PM
More Discussions
Kohler K181 valve clearance
The engine would run perfect for maybe 30-45 minutes,...
snuffyinatl
Best gas leaf blower?
Can anyone recommend a good gas powered leaf blower?...
robar
Electric shredder motor will switch on but won't spin the blades
Hello, I have an electric garden shredder that will...
Lindsay Durdle
Electrolytic Rust Removal
Has anyone tried this, using a battery charger, "washing...
exmar
Predator 212cc Engine, Harbor Freight FYI
Hi Folks, Been thinking of getting one of these for...
exmar
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™