How to remove the flywheel on Sears lawnmower model 917.337 321
How to remove the flywheel on Sears lawnmower model 917.337 321 (Eagle1) Ser # 03 1297M 000692.
1. My neighbor hit a stump with his mower, complains that it runs but bad and smokes.
2. Is the ser # sawing it's an 03 model, is the eng a Briggs or Tecumseh, key looks Tec?
3 I wanted to pull the flywheel, it looked too easy to break, had 3 holes to tap to pull?
3 My large gear pull would fit the flywheel but I feel it w/h snapped before pulling it?
3. I reassembled all to see how bad it runs after straightening the blade the best I could.
4. The mower d/n run that bad nor did it smoke at any of the locations he pointed out.
5. If he tilted the mower looking at the blade, that is probably what caused the smoke.
6. Drive belts covers were packed w/grass top/bottom but I saw no signs of smoking.
7. IMO if the flywheel key was damaged, it w/n run, backfire/kickback, none happened?
8. The bent blade and lack of a tune-up and total neglects were the main issues I saw.
Please share some info and opinions on this model. Thanks!