Looking for good quality comercial grade trimmer with attachments

daver_gMay 24, 2010

After taking on more work Ive decided to buy some good tools. I really don't want to clutter up the vehicle with too many small engines so I'm hoping to find a reliable engine with multiple attachments. hedge trimmer and blades instead of string primarily. I'm told that echo and stihl are the best and I cant wait to give away the ryobi. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Oh and I STILL cant get the string to advance properly! LOL A friend bought a new stihl recently and the string it came wound with would not bump advance for either of us. I really believe after this many years and so many different machines and the same problem 90 percent of the time I truly have a curse :) Still, I gotta get one...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gator_rider2(z8 Ga.)

I saw guy at walmart parking lot use trimmer with just one string coming out head look like string out about 30 inches no sheild just keep string long by ware off end as cut. He said string never got tangeld using single stran.

Bookmark   May 24, 2010 at 8:49PM
daver_g

I went with the stihl km 90. Dealer easily talked me out of buying the bigger more expensive engine. I wasn't as impressed with the echo attachments. The blower attachment for the stihl looks like a cannon! The warranties are the same: 2 yrs for commercial use.
30 in of string with no guard. Sounds like that guy at walmart is up for a darwin award!
Have a great summer everyone

Bookmark   May 28, 2010 at 9:37AM
papasweet

I have two fairly new 26ss Homelite Mighty Weed Trimmers. Both have less then two (2) hours of running time on them. On one the pull string wont return, it wonÂt start the engine. I tried rewinding the spring and the string at least 8 times and I still canÂt get this thing to work right. I am an automotive machinist of over 40 years I work with the smallest to the largest engines all day. I had several other Top Machinists in the shop take a look at it as well. The string wont return back to its original position after a load is applied to the engine. After the second pull it jams again. The only other option I can think of is to replace the starter pulley. But the trimmer is new right????? I paid $120.00 for the thing new, and spent about $400.00 in time trying to fix it. The other trimmer the muffler fell off after the third (3) usage

Bookmark   July 18, 2010 at 8:44AM
ewalk

Papa: Avoid Duplicating Threads , have answered your questions on previous Original Thread !

Bookmark   July 18, 2010 at 8:51AM
More Discussions
General craftsman tiller gearbox question.
Ages ago in the early 90's, I bought a Craftsman 5hp...
bliackbeard
Temperature alarm app for Android?
I am wondering if anyone knows of an Android app that...
armbarangel
Are you finding Insert Pic Attachments to work as printed on this Site
Are you finding Insert Pic Attachments to work as printed...
loger_gw
Building storage shed on a terraced slope
Is it safe to build a storage shed occupying two levels...
Thomas Lu
New Ryobi S430 engine dies on full throttle
Just bought a new Ryobi straight shaft 4 Cycle S430...
losrubios
Sponsored Products
Ennis Pendant by Arteriors
$720.00 | Lumens
Paige Copper Double-Slipper Tub
Signature Hardware
Circa 26-inch Mosaic Mirrored Pedestal
Zuri Furniture
Zaneen | Dau LED 2 Wall Light
$763.20 | YLighting
Illumine Lamps 21 in. Brass Floor Lamp with Frost Glass CLI-LS-80984AB
Home Depot