Oil problem with Honda FG100 Rototiller

jdayoMay 28, 2012

I could really use some help. My Honda FG100 rototiller has a problem with oil coming from the air filter housing. I have read about overfilling the oil causing this issue, however, that's not the case for me. There is only enough oil to reach the bottom threads when the machine is sitting on the front side. I took off the air cleaner and then the carburetor. When I removed the carburetor a short hose about 4" long was disconnected and then spilled oil. I don't know what it was connected to, but I suspect it was the carburetor. But the hose is so short and I don't see where it would have connected. I removed the red housing and the pull cord unit to clean up. When I hand turn the pull cord, oil comes out of the short 4" hose. Can anyone help with a fix? I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jdayo

So...I figured out where the short 4" hose goes. It fits into the back of the air cleaner. When the cord is pulled to start the engine, oil comes out of that hose and into the air cleaner sponge. My problem is that the engine never starts on the first pull, nor the second or third or ... you get it, so the air cleaner sponge fills with oil and overflows.
Is there a fix for this problem?

Bookmark   May 29, 2012 at 6:56PM
More Discussions
Have Chipper/Shredder for trade
I have a very nice gas powered wood chipper/leaf shredder...
charlieboring
General craftsman tiller gearbox question.
Ages ago in the early 90's, I bought a Craftsman 5hp...
bliackbeard
Any owners of the Troy-bilt Cultivator Plus?
I bought this around 1984 and have never seen another...
baymee
McCullough Pro Mac 700 has to be a professional grade saw vs a Home?
Servicing/Starting my Neighbor’s McCullough Pro Mac...
loger_gw
Temperature alarm app for Android?
I am wondering if anyone knows of an Android app that...
armbarangel
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™