Any Comments on Duralast (AutoZone) tools ?

andyma_gwMay 1, 2011

I found a combination metric 8-10-12-13mm gear wrench. One of those ratcheting box ends. It was busted. It said right on it "lifetime guarantee" I traded it in for a new one today. My well used, 40 yr old set of basic stuff from Craftsman still works pretty good. Will I be passing a Duralast tool onto my offspring? 8-10-13mm are popular nut sizes in my cars.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rustyj14(W/PA)

Well, i have lots of Craftsman tools, and lots of sockets made in Korea, and lots of hand tools such as wrenches made in Korea, as well as USA made tools.
I have no experience with Dura-last, but the price was right on the one you turned in. I'd say, if they guarantee their tools--they must be ok!
For lawn mower work, i don't think you have to spend a lot for fancy tools. I bought a 1/4 inch drive ratchet at a local hardware chain, and it works well.
I went to Costco with a friend one day. I saw a complete hand tool set, with everything the home mechanic could need, for $100! And--guaranteed, to boot! Can't beat a deal like that!
Now, if you are going to be a big truck wrench twister--then you ought to buy better stuff! And, from the guys in the tool trucks! They have to eat, too!

Bookmark   May 1, 2011 at 10:23PM
More Discussions
Reciprocating Saw
I am looking to buy a reciprocating saw. I am not looking...
pirate94
Snowblowers and engine choices - Ariens vs Toro vs Simplicity and
I live on the shoreline in CT, where we get anywhere...
bfguilford
Predator 212cc Engine, Harbor Freight FYI
Hi Folks, Been thinking of getting one of these for...
exmar
IS it ME ? OR is this site/Forum Gone in hibernation?
This used to be such an informative and active site!!...
bertman_gw
Troy Bilt Pony Tiller
I have a Troy Bilt Pony Tiller with a 5 HP Briggs and...
beeer_2008
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™