Any Comments on Duralast (AutoZone) tools ?

andyma_gwMay 1, 2011

I found a combination metric 8-10-12-13mm gear wrench. One of those ratcheting box ends. It was busted. It said right on it "lifetime guarantee" I traded it in for a new one today. My well used, 40 yr old set of basic stuff from Craftsman still works pretty good. Will I be passing a Duralast tool onto my offspring? 8-10-13mm are popular nut sizes in my cars.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rustyj14(W/PA)

Well, i have lots of Craftsman tools, and lots of sockets made in Korea, and lots of hand tools such as wrenches made in Korea, as well as USA made tools.
I have no experience with Dura-last, but the price was right on the one you turned in. I'd say, if they guarantee their tools--they must be ok!
For lawn mower work, i don't think you have to spend a lot for fancy tools. I bought a 1/4 inch drive ratchet at a local hardware chain, and it works well.
I went to Costco with a friend one day. I saw a complete hand tool set, with everything the home mechanic could need, for $100! And--guaranteed, to boot! Can't beat a deal like that!
Now, if you are going to be a big truck wrench twister--then you ought to buy better stuff! And, from the guys in the tool trucks! They have to eat, too!

Bookmark   May 1, 2011 at 10:23PM
More Discussions
Kohler K181 valve clearance
The engine would run perfect for maybe 30-45 minutes,...
snuffyinatl
Craftsman Snow Blower - Drive problem
During our big storm last week i noticed I started...
rspin
Sears air compressor engine won't run when plugged in
Sears Paint Sprayer/Air Compressor Model No. 106.153542...
Cletus77
Snow Thrower impeller
I have a Craftsman 9 hp dual stage snow thrower, that...
fjs001
Troy Bilt Pony Tiller
I have a Troy Bilt Pony Tiller with a 5 HP Briggs and...
beeer_2008
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™