Mantis tiller problems

kwahl1May 11, 2011

Mantis Tiller Carb problem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got a 4 year old Mantis. Got the c1u-k54a zama carb in it. It will start and run for 5-10 second and die. Choke pull, un choke pull and it starts again for 5-10 seconds. It won't stay running. I replaced the gasket and diaphrams and have reinspected it three times, still no luck keeping it running. I replaced the brittle fuel line. It's getting fuel so the filter is ok. When I'm running it for those 5-10 second rounds, I can choke it/un choke it and keep it running. But the choke lever is not the throttle. This carb is so simple, what could it possible be? Help me please. It'll probably be cheaper to buy a $60 carb rather than take it in!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
baymee(LehighValleyPA)

Is the tank pressurized while running? How about a loose fitting of the tank bushing?

Bookmark   May 12, 2011 at 8:15PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rcmoser

This carb is so simple? yep as long as you can replace the welch plug after you clean the low, mid, and full throttle jets. My guess would be the carb. plugged up, not adjusted correctly, or diaphramn installed backwards?.

Bookmark   May 14, 2011 at 6:25PM
More Discussions
Dewalt 3800 pressure washer, open hole between pump and engine.
Hi, I just bought a dewalt 3800 pressure washer gx...
ron111
Craftsman Snow Blower - Drive problem
During our big storm last week i noticed I started...
rspin
Predator 212cc Engine, Harbor Freight FYI
Hi Folks, Been thinking of getting one of these for...
exmar
Electric shredder motor will switch on but won't spin the blades
Hello, I have an electric garden shredder that will...
Lindsay Durdle
Stihl vs. Husqvarna Chainsaw purchase
I am lucky enough to have my wife ask me to pick out...
virginiacowboy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™