Now, what are your favorite golden foliage plants?
I really like all pictures and comments in the thread about dark foliage/flower thread.
I am a big fan of bright colors in the gardens. Here are my golden plants.
1. Spiraea japonica Golden Elf. Grows in dappled shade for me. In full sun could be even brighter I guess. A dwarf variety, looks great in front of taller plants:
2. Spiraea japonica Lemon Princess - forms a very neat mound. Blooms with pink flowers, but the main attraction is the foliage.
3. Golden Oakleaf Hydrangea 'Little Honey' - lovely compact shrub for semi-shade:
5. Hakonechloa 'All gold' and 'Aureola' (Japanese Forest Grass):
6. Caryopteris - Sunshine BlueÃ¯Â¿Â½ Golden Bluebeard
Not so favorite:
1. Golden Creeping Jenny. Lovely color, looks fantastic next to dark plants, but extremely invasive. Will keep mine in containers only:
2. Golden Heucheras. Got rid of mine - very weak plants. Do not have room for under-performers in my garden.
So, what are your favorite golden plants?