Please Help with Shears

emmareneJune 11, 2014

I have the shears in the picture. When I got them they were hard to use. I used lithium grease and they began to open and close easily. I was happy until I noticed that they were no longer cutting. Just mangled the shrubbery.
I especially want to know the purpose of the triangle piece of metal on top of the bolt. My other shears have never had that.
Which side do I sharpen? I welcome all comments.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loger_gw

What brand and model are your shears? Please try and send a sharper Pic of both sides. I am trying to see what has been sharpened before (as outside cutting edges on top and bottom or just smooth bottom (both probably). âÂÂI especially want to know the purpose of the triangle piece of metal on top of the bolt.â The bolt could be adding pressure to the two cutting edges that might give you a cleaner cut w/o sharpening.

Do you have yardmen in your area caring for hedges? IâÂÂll bet a good one can answer your questions and solve your problem.

Bookmark   June 12, 2014 at 4:50PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loger_gw

Oops! We had the day off in North TX due to much needed rain. Plus I c/n take the heat which has put me too far behind on my PMs and projects. It's encouraging me to get rid of some experiments, home and wife of 42 years that would be hard to live w/o. LOL and I did not say this....

Bookmark   June 12, 2014 at 5:05PM
More Discussions
Reciprocating Saw
I am looking to buy a reciprocating saw. I am not looking...
pirate94
Tecumseh snow king fuel starvation?
My Tecumseh powered Toro snowblower hunts/surges and...
akachrisinmass
2-cycle engine troubleshooting
My 2-cycle blower cannot be started. There is a hot...
slim50
Toro 826 Drive Belt Jumps Off Crankshaft Pulley
Hello, I have a nine year old Toro Powermax 826. Late...
ronpr2112
2 stroke Mantis tiller vs. 4 stroke Mantis
I'm looking at buying a small Mantis cultivator but...
lil_rhody
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™