chainsaw oiler

phil43_2010June 10, 2010

I noticed that my chain on my Husqvarna seemed dry, with no oil. I took the bar and chain off, and ran the saw for about 30 seconds, and saw no oil coming out of the oiler hole. Is this a proper way to test for oiling? The hole appears clear, and plenty of oil in the oil resevoir. Any comments or suggestions? Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
captturbo

I will be interested in the answers that you get. I have an old WEN electric that has the same problem. The strange thing is that I can't even find the hole that the oil is supposed to come out. I wrote to them but never got an answer.

Bookmark   June 10, 2010 at 12:03PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
masiman(z7 VA)

I am not sure how the oiler on Husky is set up. I assume it won't pump until the clutch engages. Did you throttle the saw when you ran it on your 30 second test?

The oil pump usually sits underneath the clutch. You might be able to see some sort of engagement mechanism. If you can pop the clutch (reverse threaded), you can turn that mechanism by hand. It might give you access to the tubing that the oil comes out of. You can check that the tube is clear. You may have a filter in the oil tank that you should check.

Take pictures as you go if you are not sure about reassembly. I always do in case I have any questions about putting it back together.

I usually check for oil by running the saw near full throttle with the nose a few inches over something (clear piece of wood, paper, etc.). The saw should throw a line of oil within 5 seconds. This shows that you are at least getting oil to the bar in somewhat sufficient quantities. The chain should definitely not be dry after doing this.

Bookmark   June 10, 2010 at 12:56PM
More Discussions
General craftsman tiller gearbox question.
Ages ago in the early 90's, I bought a Craftsman 5hp...
bliackbeard
Stihl Chainsaw - starts but won't run
My trusty (10 yr) old Stihl 16" chainsaw is starting...
uberfusion
Mantis Tiller purge bulb
I cannot get gasoline to come into the purge bulb....
Alice40
Harbor Freight small utility tralier question
I just purchased this harbor freight trailer. http://www.harborfreight.com/1090-lb-capacity-40-1-2-half-inch-x-48-inch-mini-utility-trailer-with-12-inch-four-lug-wheels-and-tires-90153.html I...
rlmunsey
McCullough Pro Mac 700 has to be a professional grade saw vs a Home?
Servicing/Starting my Neighbor’s McCullough Pro Mac...
loger_gw
Sponsored Products
National Hockey League: FANMATS Flooring Edmonton Oilers 18 in. x 18 in. Carpet
$4.08 | Home Depot
Trademark Global 14 in. Edmonton Oilers NHL Neon Wall Clock NHL1400-EO
$64.99 | Home Depot
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor FANMATS Rugs Edmonton Oilers 2 ft. 6 in. x 6 ft.
$69.97 | Home Depot
NHL 12 x 15 in. Jordan Eberle Edmonton Oilers Player Plaque - 1215EBERLE
$32.99 | Hayneedle
Poulan Blower Attachment - 1223-6253
$59.99 | Hayneedle
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Accent Rug: FANMATS Rugs Edmonton Oilers 19 in. x 30 in.
$19.99 | Home Depot
Poulan Cultivator Attachment - 1223-6246
$104.99 | Hayneedle
Autographed Wayne Gretzky Stanley Cup Print
$749.00 | FRONTGATE
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™