Echo SRM 225 string trimmer- put gas in it?

tom_nwnj(z6 NJ)June 28, 2013

I had an Echo SRM 210 for 15 years. Put at least 1,000 hours on it. But I started have carb problems for two seasons now (probably the ethanol killed it).

Anyway, I just got a SRM 225. Very nice, but the gas tank is set at a crazy angle (probably some new OSHA rule). Hard to fill it when it is laying down. Is there a trick to putting gas in this thing?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loger_gw

I looked at two starts of Echo SRM 225 youtubs and could see your concern. My only two suggestions are probably what you are doing to ease the situation.

1. Use a gas container with a flexing extension nozzle to assist fueling on the ground.

2. Elevate the motor while the head is on the ground to get a better fueling position.

Good Luck!

Bookmark   June 30, 2013 at 10:04AM
tom_nwnj(z6 NJ)

Thanks for that loger.

You can see, not really possible to fuel it while on the ground. Either lean it on a 45 degree, or maybe OSHA wants to make fueling it into a two person job. Either way, very difficult to see if the tank is getting full. So maybe they do want a second person standing there.

Notice same crazy stuff with all new gas cans (no vent holes). I have pretty much given up on it with my large diesel ZTR. I just take the spout off, and pour the 5 gallons right into a large funnel, and into the gas tank. Then it is done.

Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 1:15PM
ewalk

So fortunate to live in the Great White north lol . Don,t yet have the Osha Regulated issues within fuel containers . Tom: Your new Echo is styled very similar as my New Toro Commercial Straight shaft unit . Using Logers flexible spout design and your pictured positioning I fill my unit which has the banana fuel tank configuration also . Usually refill on my work bench or porch area outside prior to reusage after a cool down period lol .

Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 7:10PM
More Discussions
Sears air compressor engine won't run when plugged in
Sears Paint Sprayer/Air Compressor Model No. 106.153542...
Cletus77
Kohler K181 valve clearance
The engine would run perfect for maybe 30-45 minutes,...
snuffyinatl
Testing the new format X allowing multiple attachments.
I am back to two Lexan chain guides due to a chain...
loger_gw
Snowblowers and engine choices - Ariens vs Toro vs Simplicity and
I live on the shoreline in CT, where we get anywhere...
bfguilford
IS it ME ? OR is this site/Forum Gone in hibernation?
This used to be such an informative and active site!!...
bertman_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™