Echo SRM 225 string trimmer- put gas in it?

tom_nwnj(z6 NJ)June 28, 2013

I had an Echo SRM 210 for 15 years. Put at least 1,000 hours on it. But I started have carb problems for two seasons now (probably the ethanol killed it).

Anyway, I just got a SRM 225. Very nice, but the gas tank is set at a crazy angle (probably some new OSHA rule). Hard to fill it when it is laying down. Is there a trick to putting gas in this thing?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loger_gw

I looked at two starts of Echo SRM 225 youtubs and could see your concern. My only two suggestions are probably what you are doing to ease the situation.

1. Use a gas container with a flexing extension nozzle to assist fueling on the ground.

2. Elevate the motor while the head is on the ground to get a better fueling position.

Good Luck!

Bookmark   June 30, 2013 at 10:04AM
tom_nwnj(z6 NJ)

Thanks for that loger.

You can see, not really possible to fuel it while on the ground. Either lean it on a 45 degree, or maybe OSHA wants to make fueling it into a two person job. Either way, very difficult to see if the tank is getting full. So maybe they do want a second person standing there.

Notice same crazy stuff with all new gas cans (no vent holes). I have pretty much given up on it with my large diesel ZTR. I just take the spout off, and pour the 5 gallons right into a large funnel, and into the gas tank. Then it is done.

Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 1:15PM
ewalk

So fortunate to live in the Great White north lol . Don,t yet have the Osha Regulated issues within fuel containers . Tom: Your new Echo is styled very similar as my New Toro Commercial Straight shaft unit . Using Logers flexible spout design and your pictured positioning I fill my unit which has the banana fuel tank configuration also . Usually refill on my work bench or porch area outside prior to reusage after a cool down period lol .

Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 7:10PM
More Discussions
Harbor Freight small utility tralier question
I just purchased this harbor freight trailer. http://www.harborfreight.com/1090-lb-capacity-40-1-2-half-inch-x-48-inch-mini-utility-trailer-with-12-inch-four-lug-wheels-and-tires-90153.html I...
rlmunsey
New Ryobi S430 engine dies on full throttle
Just bought a new Ryobi straight shaft 4 Cycle S430...
losrubios
Old Troybilt Tiller Engine Replacement
I need to replace the eninge on my Troybilt tiller...
themaniam1
Stihl Chainsaw - starts but won't run
My trusty (10 yr) old Stihl 16" chainsaw is starting...
uberfusion
General craftsman tiller gearbox question.
Ages ago in the early 90's, I bought a Craftsman 5hp...
bliackbeard
Sponsored Products
Robert Abbey Echo Bronze Plug-In Wall Sconce
Lamps Plus
Sepia Horse Study I Wall Art
$439.00 | FRONTGATE
Kalon Studios | Echo Crib
YLiving.com
Tech Lighting | Mini Echo Pendant
$300.80 | YLighting
Arteriors Home Forest Park Distressed Silver Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus