Ryobi S clutches

rosemallow(z7 Md)June 10, 2013

Does anyone know anything about these so called S clutches?
I understand they are a centrifugal clutch, but do they require any adjustments or inspections or special handling.
I see instructions for removal, but not for installation.
Anyway I took one apart and the drum was worn. Like on the old brake drums it was hard to remove. The plates got a little bent.
I can install a new drum, but do I need to replace the plates and it seems I will need to re bend them?
Help
Also I see they used to use the centrifugal clutches with shoes. Why did they stop.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loger_gw

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/article/1771/How_to_Remove_a_Trimmer_Clutch.html

This is a good article on removing the clutch at the address above (related to many two cycles). I felt it would have reversed into replacing âÂÂJust As EasyâÂÂ, with some torque values included.

Be Careful! I learned the hard way w/o enough torque on a chainsawâÂÂs clutch. By my feel I had plenty torque on the installed clutch. When I killed the engine the clutch and etc flew off (running it tightens itself). Checking for oiling I had the side cover and bar off but instincts had me holding it away from my body (as the parts flew all over the garage.

Bookmark   June 10, 2013 at 10:21AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rosemallow(z7 Md)

Thanks for the reply.
And yes I saw that video.
They need one for putting it back together.
I understand centrifugal clutches, but this S clutch is a weirdo.
I would like to see a video for installing one of these and making adjustments like bending etc.

Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 7:36PM
More Discussions
Adjusting Carb on Toro S200 Snow Blower
I have a small 2 stroke Toro S200 Snow Blower that...
rgress
2-cycle engine troubleshooting
My 2-cycle blower cannot be started. There is a hot...
slim50
Mantis tiller will not idle
Picked up a used Mantis (SV-4/A engine) that will just...
ccarlsonnh
Craftsman Snowblower Recall
Did anyone else receive a recall notice in the mail...
pjrsjr
Any Good Electric Brushcutter?
I have a small area, my lot is just 1/2ac and less...
InFlux
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™