Pull Srart shroud removal?

bob44June 28, 2012

I am trying to remove the pull start shroud to upgrade the paint on the shroud. I have all bolts removed from shroud. In removing, left side of shroud does not clear carb. Must the carb be removed to make the shroud clear? If carb needs to be removed, how is that done? I have already removed the air cleaner assembly and metal mounting bracket for air cleaner.

The two nuts holding a.c. bracket have also been removed that are on the threaded studs that go thru carb body. Carb and spacer to engine are not loose at this point. I tried to to push and pry a little, but carb is still tight. After the two front nuts have been removed, does the carb just slide forward on the two brass colored studs?

thanks, Bob

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bob44

Model 21A682J063
#1B193G90024
This info was included in previous post, but not shown.
Bob

Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 9:30AM
loger_gw

Pull Start shroud removal On What? LOL. What did I miss? Please give more info and a general picture showing where you are on the project.

Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 2:11PM
bob44

My Bad. Info on tag for model number is 3BSXS3422HT.

My search on net comes up not found.
Any help is appreciated.
thanks, Bob

Bookmark   June 29, 2012 at 9:09AM
bob44

Additional pic. of shroud removal.
Bob

Bookmark   June 29, 2012 at 9:13AM
bob44

Last pic.
Bob

Bookmark   June 29, 2012 at 9:15AM
bob44

http://s1166.photobucket.com/albums/q614/wildfox65/

Here are some pics of the removal of shroud. No bolt behind carb. Carb needs to be loosen remove shroud.

Bookmark   July 5, 2012 at 11:03AM
baymee(LehighValleyPA)

Carbs are usually held in place by two bolts/nuts but maybe an additional bolt and bracket. I haven't run into a shroud removal that required removing the carb. The carb should slide off the two studs but make careful notes on the way the governor linkages and springs go, including the direction the ends of the links go into the carb and governor lever. Carb might be stuck to the engine by the paper gasket between the carb and engine.

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 5:34AM
rustyj14(W/PA)

One pic shows some screws around the black part of the starter, with a black, flat thing sticking out of it. Is that the starter? Removing the screws/bolts should allow you to remove the black thing, so you can fix the rope. I wouldn't think you would have tto remove that big rusty pot, or whatever it is, just to replace the rope. And, if you aren't mechanically inclined, take it to a shop to be fixed!

Bookmark   July 8, 2012 at 4:21PM
bob44

Problem has been solved. Here is a another pic. Carb had to be loosen and pulled away from engine. The bump - out on the left side of shroud is covering the armature behind it.
Once the carb is pulled out, then the shroud can removed. There are three bolts that hold the shroud to the engine. All three are in clear view. No bolts on the shroud near the carb.
thanks,Bob

Bookmark   July 12, 2012 at 3:03PM
More Discussions
Snow Thrower impeller
I have a Craftsman 9 hp dual stage snow thrower, that...
fjs001
Troy Bilt Horse Drive Shaft Bearings
I took my horse apart because the front transmission...
gildomilo
Craftsman Snow Blower - Drive problem
During our big storm last week i noticed I started...
rspin
Older Troy Built Tiller Model ID
Trying to indentify model number of my unit. It is...
gardenerfrank
Have you successful cut any “seasoned firewood” inside?
Have you successful cut any “seasoned firewood”...
loger_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™