Echo GT 2000 no rpm

pimpeckJune 27, 2010

I have an Echo Gt 2000 trimmer that was given to me. I've got the thing to go to idle spee or a hair above but when squeezing the throttle the engine rpms will not increase. what do I need to look for?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ceezaah

The fuel line or the fuel filter inside the fuel tank may be clogged. If that's the problem it may be an easy fix. The whole thing may be a single unit that could be replaced easily and inexpensive.

Bookmark   June 27, 2010 at 10:28AM
pimpeck

I've replaced the bad lines and you can see the fuel bubble in the tank when at idle, Wouldn't that signify that it is getting fuel? Would the spark arrester cause such a problem?

Bookmark   June 27, 2010 at 10:43AM
ceezaah

Sounds like it's not getting the fuel. It may be the diaphragm in the carburetor which works kind of like a fuel pump. It could be worn and stretched out. I just had this problem with my trimmer.
Now I have the opposite problem of yours. It will take the fuel but won't idle.

Bookmark   June 27, 2010 at 11:16AM
ewalk

Could be a carb diaphram issue (pinhole or slight tear) also could be dirty carb and air filter or out of adjustment . Review Previous Threads on carb cleaning and adjustment . We have gone over these items numerous times . I have indicated to Ceezaah an effective carb tuning sequence that may well assist you . Ensure you have fresh gas good spark plug and treat the fuel with a concentrated cleaner treatment . Let us know how you make out . Depending on how old you trimmer is it may require a carb kit and overhaul .

Bookmark   June 27, 2010 at 12:41PM
yungman

One very stupid question. You said you squeeze the trigger and the engine is still at idle speed, you did not indicate that the engine is choking, you check the throttle cable is connected to the carb?

Just a stupid question to cover the basis!!!

Bookmark   June 27, 2010 at 4:01PM
More Discussions
Snowblowers and engine choices - Ariens vs Toro vs Simplicity and
I live on the shoreline in CT, where we get anywhere...
bfguilford
Tecumseh snow king fuel starvation?
My Tecumseh powered Toro snowblower hunts/surges and...
akachrisinmass
Poulan Pro rear tine tiller, burnt valve??
I have a 6.5 Intec Briggs on my tiller, which is 10...
slowpoke_gardener
2-cycle engine troubleshooting
My 2-cycle blower cannot be started. There is a hot...
slim50
Troy Bilt Pony Tiller
I have a Troy Bilt Pony Tiller with a 5 HP Briggs and...
beeer_2008
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™